Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.
View Poll Results: Why Dont You Have Stacks?
Because I dont want them.
75.39%
Because I dont have the cash yet.
24.61%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Why Dont You Have Stacks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OO.. it's one thing to say you don't like them, and would never put them on your truck, but it's totally different to question someones manhood that has them, and say im a dumb redneck kid that wants attention. (not saying that's not my case) just taking up for those that aren't
Old 12-17-2006, 08:29 PM

I need a option c my truck USED to have stacks on it, the guy i bought the truck from had them on there, but the truck was not selling so he took them off. and sold them this was about 2 weeks before i bought the truck. now I don't think I will put them back on due to them taking up lots of bed space. I have the 105 gal fuel tank and tool box in bed not sure i can lose 6' more inches to stacks. I need a longer long bed add 3-4 feet and I will put the stacks back
Old 12-17-2006, 08:36 PM

I'm a 50 year old, and I would have them if not for my camper, or my wife hating them. I think they're very cool. I'm in California, I'm not gay or a redneck. And I don't particularly think big rigs are cool either.
Go figure?!!
Old 12-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Muted User

From something I just realized, apparently enough people like stacks, or blackdiesel's truck in general; that it is currently Truck of The Month....

Just a little thought put into that one....
Old 12-17-2006, 08:46 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont reckon the horses would like it too much and i use my bed to often full of hay
Old 12-17-2006, 10:30 PM

They're not for me. But, to each his own. That's what makes a Cummins so cool. There are no rules. You can run it stock, you can run a downpipe-only that rattles the shelves at the hardware store, you can make it look like a KW that's ready for the long haul, or you can turn it into a 12 second rice killer. The choice is a tough one to make for a lot of cummins owners but the SMARTEST choice that each and every one of us had to make has already been made. You made it when you bought your Cummins. So, stacks or no stacks, just remember, a friend with a Cummins....is a friend for life.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blackdiesel
OO.. it's one thing to say you don't like them, and would never put them on your truck, but it's totally different to question someones manhood that has them, and say im a dumb redneck kid that wants attention. (not saying that's not my case) just taking up for those that aren't
Well, those are my reasons for my not using stacks or any other useless accessory. You are free to interpret them however you wish.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:36 AM

Well, wether i put one on or not, I bought two 6 inch mitres from a buddy tonight. We will see what happens.

Eric
Old 12-18-2006, 01:31 AM
Banned

I had a single 6" and I loved but I hated the soot even more. Now I love these much more..
Attached Thumbnails Why Dont You Have Stacks?-p2050012.jpg  
Old 12-18-2006, 05:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a toolbox in the winter, and a slide in camper in the summer.
If I had just a play truck, I would get them.
I guess I would fit into the "want them but other factors are more important."
lol.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:15 AM

I don't have them because I tow my rockcrawler which has no windshield.. the soot would go right into my headrests.. yuk.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Geico266
#1. Nothing more silly than a 52 year old guy trying to act like a kid.
Probable true...but I think they look sharp! And I like the smoke going up and away from people behind your truck. But.....

I voted "I don't want"... for two reasons!
1- I need all 8' of my bed
2- I can still get into my garage (3/4" clearance on top and 3" front & back). Won't give that up till I absolutely have to!!

RJ
Old 12-18-2006, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by rjohnson
Probable true...but I think they look sharp! And I like the smoke going up and away from people behind your truck. But.....

I voted "I don't want"... for two reasons!
1- I need all 8" of my bed
2- I can still get into my garage (3/4" clearance on top and 3" front & back). Won't give that up till I absolutely have to!!

RJ
Ah C'mon rjohnson!! My truck doesn't fit in my garage not because of stacks but because of length!!

But you are right the sleeper look works great for your truck and still drooling over your roo guard!!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stacks WOULD fit in my garage, but I'm not pushing it outside every am to start it up!

RJ
Old 12-18-2006, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Scramblinman
Stacks limit the versatility of the bed. No canopy. No slide in camper. Reduced cargo space. All sacrificed for no additional performance. Sounds like a great trade off. Not.
That's why I don't have 'em.
Otherwise, If I never used my truck for anything, and if I got rid of my toolbox I'd love to have twin 6" mitres. Probably not going to happen though, so I'll stick with my 4" straight pipe.

Quick Reply: Why Dont You Have Stacks?