Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.
View Poll Results: Why Dont You Have Stacks?
Because I dont want them.
75.39%
Because I dont have the cash yet.
24.61%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Why Dont You Have Stacks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont want them, but at the same time I do. I dont want the soot all over, I dont want the sound, I don want to waste bed space. On the other hand it stinks literally to the people behind me ever time I talk of from a stop of shift gears. Big ol puff of black smoke. I can minimize it but I dont always think about it. In the end I doubt I'll get them. The biggest deterrent is the wife.

DP79, you've got a bigger set then I.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CTDPower11
What about the tip coming out in front of the rear, right tire??? Ive seen a lot of trucks with this... Maby I need to try it out?!?!
I had mine like that but ran it over the axle 4" with 5" tip. I think it looks better. There is a place in sc that sells just the over the axle pipe pre-bent for $40.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I don't like them, just useless bling in my opinion
Old 12-15-2006, 03:35 PM

Not to get off track, but I think a big deterent here locally is some guy that had stacks on a gas v8 truck. some POS 90's Ford I think. Had huge semi stacks shooting out of the bed and wow.....worst sound Ive ever heard in my life.

Sorry to get off topic a little, but once I saw that, I never wanted them ever again!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:37 PM

i am a HUGE fan of stacks, but i just don't have them on my truck becuase i mentally can't get past the fact that i need to put a hole in my truck, that part just kills me, so i went with a 6" tip instead, so therefore i didn't vote either cause that choice was not there.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:41 PM

C'mon, Top - don't be shy, tell us how ya really feel.........................
Old 12-15-2006, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Scramblinman
Edited by Admin to remove argumentative comments

Stacks limit the versatility of the bed. No canopy. No slide in camper. Reduced cargo space. All sacrificed for no additional performance. Sounds like a great trade off. Not.
I hear people who lift their trucks or put bigger tires on them are making up for something elsewhere or have insecurity issues.

Seriously though, I think that's a pretty uh, I don't know way to look at it.

I have no use for a canopy or slide-in camper. I've already got a toolbox, so I've lost a couple feet already. I do have an 8' box though so it's not too bad.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:31 PM

why all the hatin' on stacks? if they weren't cool, would this poll even exist? i never saw a fart can that would compare with a stack. and as for the "dirty" soot maybe your truck is just to pretty. sounds like a bunch of gasser talk if you ask me. as for price, i built mine from a 5" chrome stack off a peterbuilt in the junkyard, some 5" pipe and an elbow from a volvo that i scavenged at work, some s.s. flex hose from a stop on my route, and a few adapters from muffler shop. total cost- less than $100. 5" all the way except for about two feet behind turbo. the only downside i can see is that your neighbors may hate you, especially if you go to work at 5:00 am.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:35 PM

WAY too redneck for me.....

Right up there with Brahma bull stickers on the door and neon kits
Old 12-15-2006, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I voted don't want them, but what I really meant is my wife absolutely forbids me to put them on.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Muted User

Don't have the cash for the plumbing here. Got the stack though, it lives in the corner of my room for now .
Old 12-15-2006, 08:19 PM

I understand you guys with the camper tops and the bed covers but the guys with a tool box already have lost bed space, what's another 6 to 8 inches? As for me I would love some but I would need to run mufler(s) with them to keep the noise down for the family.

I voted for not enough cash.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Muted User

I find myself not always working jobs where I need my bedspace, but even on all the ones I have, and the ones since I have obtained my toolbox, I can manage 6 extra lost inches of space. I am thinking if I run the stack in the very corner of the bed, and put a heat shield around it/the plumbing, I will still be able to carry full sheets of plywood/drywall. If not, I am sure the contractors I work for would get a puzzled look on thier faces when I show up delivering plywood or drywall that is notched out so it will fit in my bed
Old 12-15-2006, 08:30 PM

because of the cab noise--- i spens hours and days on end driving from coast to coast---enjoy the quite
Old 12-15-2006, 11:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Slide in camper.

Quick Reply: Why Dont You Have Stacks?