Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Why do some here HIGHLY Mod their truck if they don't intend to keep them??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Theres a few issues with the newer trucks that we don't have with the older trucks. Price out the cost of new injectors? I've heard lots of trucks that have lost engine due to cylinders damage and valve seats dropping out. I know of one 05 truck on my street thats been baby way more than mine and its on its second engine. The #5, #6 cylinders where damaged. New engine from dodge, six months later it had injector issues. To me that stuff makes the second gen VP issues look minor. I've beat on my truck and I'm supprised that its in as good as shape as it is. The engine cylinders are still in good shape and I just put on a new head. Its as good as new and ready for another 5-6 years of abuse from my right foot.

The 12v engine are as almost bullet proof as you can get in a diesel engine. A million plus mile engine, you'll get bored of it before you'll break. The rest of the truck, you'll have to replace a few times...
My sentiments exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially having a problematic '05 to deal with...
mishkaya
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by mishkaya
My sentiments exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially having a problematic '05 to deal with...
mishkaya
I had a GREAT 05, just too much money.. For what its worth, I put 96,000 trouble free miles on my 05 and a lot of them were towing in the 10k area.. I'm glad the payment is gone, the truck-- not so much.

Jason
Old 01-29-2009, 07:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver R/T
I know, that doesn't make sense. Best way would be to pull off any upgrades and sell them off separately and put truck back to stock and sell it. You'll get more money that way.

There's no going back. The damage is done.

Sorry, that's how the game is played. You want BOMBs, you stay BOMBed and eat the cost. YOu want to sell it, you have to find someone who wants the bombs.

JMO
Old 01-30-2009, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by 01smoker
For some folks, its their hobby. And some folks get bored with a vehicle very quickly. They end up wasting alot of money in the process, but thats way it is.
I am one of those people. I get a different vehicle about every year and a half some times ill have two or three at a time. It not a hobby anymore it a sickness, im serious I cant stop ! I have only been drivng since 01 and I have had 14 vehicles and im paying for it now, this sickness has had me close to bankrupt a few times and I see no end in sight.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:34 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Okay, I'll bite on this one.

People have their hobbies, that's what it was for my 98 12V. We had a field day with it too!Blackcloud, you already know it! I do have to say when do you say enough is enough with buying and selling or tuning them I don't.