Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Why Banjo fittings?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used my kit to relocate the stock LP to the frame rail, next to the tank. It bumped my fuel pressure up by 2 psi. Some people use it to integrate a pusher pump.

Eric at Vulcan makes his own fittings, which you can see on the website I posted above. He offers different versions of his kit to accomodate different applications (also outlined on his website). Give Eric a call and he'll point you in the right direction. I noticed he is advertising a kit, which includes all the fittings and hose for $69!

As far as the warranty is concerned; I'm not sure if it would affect it, but I would assume so!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A pusher pump system adds another pump. It's placed between the stock pump and the fuel tank and provides pressure to the stock pump which raises the pressure even more. Lots of people like the extra pressure.
Like Piper said, some folks use the kit to simply relocate their lift pump to the frame, just in front of the fuel tank so fuel is basically fed gravity to the lift pump which then pushes the fuel to the stock fuel filter.

Banjos or not, the best money spent is on a fuel pressure gauge so you can see your lift pump failing in time to change it before it burns up the Injector Pump$$$.

With drilled w/radiused holes banjos and bolts, I'm only getting 9psi WOT with my Comp full chat, and that's with stock injectors. It won't be enough when I put bigger injectors in so I'm looking at improving my fuel flow and that means the banjos gotta go.