Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Who says Bank$ stuff is outrageously priced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 04:34 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sodbuster03
Only experence I have with Banks is. Was on my 97 powerjoke. It was allready on there when I bought the truck. Was allright but that truck is why I have a cummins now and allways will "At least till someone puts a YELLOW motor in a pickup" I wonder if the price you pay for Banks is for R&D or those big 3 or 4 full page ads in all the diesel rags and all the tv commericals. Just my 2cents. Not stepping on any toes.
But ya gotta wonder, if their're SO Expensive and NO good, why are they still in business? And they have been for a long time now. And they keep on growing. Now nobody, and i do mean nobody keeps running a business if they aren't making any money. Well unless you're GM or Ford....... So where is all of Banks money coming from, if they just throw it away on ads? Just something to think about.....
Old 02-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JPR Ram
But ya gotta wonder, if their're SO Expensive and NO good, why are they still in business? And they have been for a long time now. And they keep on growing. Now nobody, and i do mean nobody keeps running a business if they aren't making any money. Well unless you're GM or Ford....... So where is all of Banks money coming from, if they just throw it away on ads? Just something to think about.....
I'm not saying there no good. I just think Banks stuff is just for a different kinda person, The one that wants "safe" HP or tows with there truck more than they play with them. After my dads bone stock 99 dodge busted my "power packed" ford with him pulling more weight than me. Thats when I visited the dodge dealer. Really not saying the dont make good products they just dont appeal to me.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:50 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
I'm not saying there no good. I just think Banks stuff is just for a different kinda person, The one that wants "safe" HP or tows with there truck more than they play with them. After my dads bone stock 99 dodge busted my "power packed" ford with him pulling more weight than me. Thats when I visited the dodge dealer. Really not saying the dont make good products they just dont appeal to me.
Yeah, but that wasn't a fair competion. a furd power stroke and a dodge cummins??? come on brotha!!!

Seriously. I know what you mean. I like having mine on the reliable side. I tow the go-fast toys out to the dez and BACK with my truck.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:56 PM

Not so fast. Chrysler had to ask the federal government for 1.2 billion to keep from going bankrupt in 1979 but it is still on the verge. check out www. heritage.org The Chrysler bail-out bust. P.S. Dodge is part of Chrysler. If Dodge ever drops the Cummins I will never have a new one. I bought them for the engine and drive train (not made by dodge) the rest of the truck is good looking junk. I would take a Chevy with a Cummins and a Dana 60 any day
Old 02-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
Yeah, but that wasn't a fair competion. a furd power stroke and a dodge cummins??? come on brotha!!!

Seriously. I know what you mean. I like having mine on the reliable side. I tow the go-fast toys out to the dez and BACK with my truck.
Very true on the furd, Reliability is never been an issue for mine except the usualls. Lift pumps, Junk dodge auto, but DTT fixed that problem. My main issue with banks is the defueling, If you cant watch a gauge an know what you need to do then you have no buissiness with a BOMBed diesel truck. But then again I can understand why RV'ers and such would go to banks for there upgrades. I'm gonna shut up now
Old 02-14-2007, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1stGen545
Not so fast. Chrysler had to ask the federal government for 1.2 billion to keep from going bankrupt in 1979 but it is still on the verge. check out www. heritage.org The Chrysler bail-out bust. P.S. Dodge is part of Chrysler. If Dodge ever drops the Cummins I will never have a new one. I bought them for the engine and drive train (not made by dodge) the rest of the truck is good looking junk. I would take a Chevy with a Cummins and a Dana 60 any day
well, i just didn't mention chrysler. and yeah, i only own a dodge for the cummins. i'm chevy through and through. my pops taught me on chevy's and i'll teach mine on chevys.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:09 PM

Very true on the furd, Reliability is never been an issue for mine except the usualls. Lift pumps, Junk dodge auto, but DTT fixed that problem. My main issue with banks is the defueling, If you cant watch a gauge an know what you need to do then you have no buissiness with a BOMBed diesel truck. But then again I can understand why RV'ers and such would go to banks for there upgrades. I'm gonna shut up now
i do know what to do, my friend. I've been workin on and driving cats and ol' big cam 1, 2 and 3 cummins for the past 15 years, all with various trannies. my fav though, cat 3406 or a big cam 3 with a mtn kit and a 4 on'a 4. as forn the rv'er thing, i personally don't like being at the rear of the pack. i don't need to be at the front, just i hate the back....
Old 02-14-2007, 05:26 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
One thing else the Banks product affords its owner, A legal system when installed and tuned according to the Banks instruction.

(owner and user of Banks Technicooler and TwinRam intake).
Old 02-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BC847
One thing else the Banks product affords its owner, A legal system when installed and tuned according to the Banks instruction.

(owner and user of Banks Technicooler and TwinRam intake).
Whats "illegal" about my setup? Yeah It smokes a little. But only the banks guys seem to mind. Get real!!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:17 PM

Well, everybody has their favorites. What works for one person doesn't for the next. Oh well. The important thing here is that WE ALL are luvin our cummins and love playin' with'em. Beyon that, does the rest matter? Banks. Edge. Smarty. Superchips. Van Aken. It's all for the same quest. to make our Cummins better to each of our own standards...........
Old 02-14-2007, 08:47 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Whats "illegal" about my setup? Yeah It smokes a little. But only the banks guys seem to mind. Get real!!
No need for slamming friend,

Talking with the local Bosch service guy the other day, he was mentioning a rise in business lately. It seems the local law enforcement has taken new interest in smoking diesels and he's seen a big increase in folks wanting their injectors tested/cleaned.

It's just a matter of time before EPA puts the clamps down on our trucks. Perhaps they may force us to remove a lot of the stuff that doesn't meet regulations.
I can't say for sure about the newer Banks stuff, but the earlier kits came with the EPA/CARB certifications. If I recall correctly, my twinram intake came with an opacity test card to help ensure correct tuning among other things . . . . . . .. . . if one were so inclined.

With that, the Banks kit driver won't be required to remove the kit so long as it performs as intended.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BC847
No need for slamming friend,

Talking with the local Bosch service guy the other day, he was mentioning a rise in business lately. It seems the local law enforcement has taken new interest in smoking diesels and he's seen a big increase in folks wanting their injectors tested/cleaned.

It's just a matter of time before EPA puts the clamps down on our trucks. Perhaps they may force us to remove a lot of the stuff that doesn't meet regulations.
I can't say for sure about the newer Banks stuff, but the earlier kits came with the EPA/CARB certifications. If I recall correctly, my twinram intake came with an opacity test card to help ensure correct tuning among other things . . . . . . .. . . if one were so inclined.

With that, the Banks kit driver won't be required to remove the kit so long as it performs as intended.
Wasn't trying to slam, more like make a joke. I guess the law thing depends on where you live"at this point anyhow". One also has to know when to let it fly and when not to.
Aggree it's just a matter of time before the nature terrorist shut most of our fun down, Just like they do with everything else. Our motto around here is "earth first, we'll log the other planets later"
Old 02-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned

i bought my truck used with banks big head wastgate and 14cm housing, 4" exhaust, gauges ran from ottomind tuner...

sad thing is I didnt know the ottomind tuner was under the dash until 11 months later when i sent the truck in for a VP44 under warranty. i took it out and threw it away. i sold the turbo to dusty, and the exhaust i've cut at both ends and only use the center 3-4' of 4" pipe.

PS-banks stuff is outrageously priced for what you get. my buddy with a 3rd gen bought the WHOLE kit for $3600, TC, intercooler, power PDA, exhaust, intake (well its close, its a K&N drop in filter because banks says thats all you need) and the advertised kit power is 160hp and 290tq...but read the fine print and you will see that the peak HP gains are roughly 85hp, and about 150tq. def not worth $3600 in my opinion.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:52 AM

People need to learn when to blow smoke and when not to. Stephenvill, Texas close to my home town is giving out excessive smoke tickets because all the Tarelten punks and local kids are smoking out every intersection just to try and out smoke there friends. They even brag about how many tickets they have got. Now you have to be careful going threw there. The really sad part is that most just smoke, not run any better.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
i bought my truck used with banks big head wastgate and 14cm housing, 4" exhaust, gauges ran from ottomind tuner...

sad thing is I didnt know the ottomind tuner was under the dash until 11 months later when i sent the truck in for a VP44 under warranty. i took it out and threw it away. i sold the turbo to dusty, and the exhaust i've cut at both ends and only use the center 3-4' of 4" pipe.

PS-banks stuff is outrageously priced for what you get. my buddy with a 3rd gen bought the WHOLE kit for $3600, TC, intercooler, power PDA, exhaust, intake (well its close, its a K&N drop in filter because banks says thats all you need) and the advertised kit power is 160hp and 290tq...but read the fine print and you will see that the peak HP gains are roughly 85hp, and about 150tq. def not worth $3600 in my opinion.
Exactlet what I meant. I didnt have $3600 in ALL my BOMBs, well until the DTT. So th HP per dollar amount doesnt make for good math. But like I've said before the banks stuff is good for those who dont do there own work or other circumstances. Just like the folks that go with an edge EZ vs a comp.

Quick Reply: Who says Bank$ stuff is outrageously priced!!!!