Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Where/How Did You Run Your CB Coax?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup me too i ran it under the carpet(not floor mats) to the back pillar up to & through the third brake lite, one is a Cb the other is Scanner, or if you wanna do it the hard way I mounted to other antennas to the mirrors (not as easy as it sounds ) check my gallery for that
Old 07-06-2006, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridiculous
ok i'm getting it now. and for some more detail on what i'm gonna be doing is...i'm gonna have 4ft dual whips in the bed, but i'm only running one of them and having the other as a dummy and to even things out. so now for some questions...1)should i run the coax up and over the front of the bed and in between the cab and bed, or drill a hole in the box and do it thata way. 2)how do ya'll get under the carpet without cutting it or taking it out and 3)for all you auto guys like me, where'd ya mount the CB itself, some pics too if ya could.

thanks
anyone have any answers for me?
Old 07-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Banned

I didn't run mine under the carpet. And I have a different install, but I have seen a few auto guys use the bin in the lower dash, or the bracket that puts it infront of the center seat. Those seem to be the two most popular mounts.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:43 PM

Find the tab that Getblown5.9 is talking about. Take a 3/4" paddle bit and drill a hole in it, run your cable through it. Caulk the hole up. If you take the plastic strip off, the one that runs along the floor by the doors, you can grab the edge of the carpet and lift it enough to get under there. Run the cable to where you want it to come out, like under the middle front seat, and just cut a slit with a knife and pull it through. I did that this afternoon. A 1" knife slit under the seat isn't gonna hurt anything. Had my cable slammed in the rear passenger door, and it leaked like crazy in the big storms we had this week and filled the truck up with water.

I screwed my cb bracket right to the console on the back of the fold down drink holders. I don't use the holders anyway, so now they just stay shut and the CB is mounted to em. Works fine. Geno's has a mount that will bolt to your seat brackets for about $40.

If you can't fish the cable through a hole in the front wall of your bed, just drill a hole low in front wall. Won't hurt anything. Course, I don't care too much, mine is a work truck, I'll drill holes in it without a second thought.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:31 PM

thanks a lot timberman, i ran my coax today but guess what, the darn thing was too short , i got the 9' and should've went with a 12' oh well, i'm gonna try returning it and i'll get another one regardless, unless anyone has one they wanna ship to me for FREE
Old 07-08-2006, 10:59 AM

when you buy your co ax get the 18' you will find that it offers the correct length for wave formation, at least the cb guru's claim so, I run an 18' to the hood and although it could be a 6'er I was told to go 18'......especially at a wattage the fcc might not approve.....he he.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:24 PM

I got my antenna mounted off the left of the hood. Got my 18' run from the hood to where the under dash cubby used to be.....now houses my $300 CB that doesn’t work..... I think i bought the Jaguar of CB's! Spends more time in the shop and no one know how to fix it!

Yeah....if you run 18', you have the best chance of getting your SWR's tuned correctly. Hence to tune the antenna, you make it longer or shorter.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:11 PM

I drilled a hole under the drivers side rear seat support, and ran my coax down through that. Then ran the coax between the bed and the cab, and mounted my antenna to the toolbox. I took the stock cup holder out and put my cb in there, then ran the coax along the tranny hump, under the seats, under the rear mats, to the hole in the floor.