Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Where/How Did You Run Your CB Coax?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where/How Did You Run Your CB Coax?

just curious, b/c i can't really picture how to hide it completely but i would like to as best as possible. a buddy of mine has it running up and over the bed rails and going in through his back windows, (the ext. cab winders) and man is that tacky but i can't think of any other way. so help me out here guys, then i can help myself and my buddy out too.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Banned

mine is running under the rubber floor mat (carpet if you have it) and under the back seat there are some holes where a metal tab is glued inside the cab to seal them, i took a screw driver and punched one of these metal tabs out to open a rather large hole, after running the cable under the carpet/rubber matt, and out the hole, i sealed it up with plumbers putty/dope, dum-dum, etc whatever some people call it. keeps it totally hidden and under the truck and then up into the bed.

hardest part is trying to feed a fish tape under the mat to where ever you coax cable will go under the mat
Old 07-03-2006, 05:13 PM

so are you saying that the coax is under the floor mat? or under the carpet of the whole truck? also can you please explain this tab and hole thing a little more detailed.

thanks for the help
Old 07-03-2006, 05:16 PM

Mine is under the carpet (rubber floor in my case) through the panel in the corner (drivers side) then through the headliner and out the roof.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jambbii
Mine is under the carpet (rubber floor in my case) through the panel in the corner (drivers side) then through the headliner and out the roof.
whoa, that don't make much sense to me, out the roof!? and why ya'll keep saying rubber floor, do ya mean floor mat or the floor floor, i didn't know dodge made a rubber floor if that is the case.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Banned

some trucks have carpet, others (work trucks) have a rubber floor matt. mine goes under the rubber floor mat up by my 4x4 shifter on the floor and runs back under the center seat to a spot under the rear seat. go under the truck and look up at the cab floor, where the back seat area is...the floor will slope up, in this slope you will find some oval shaped cutouts that have a piece of metal basically glued to the hole from inside the cab, use a screw driver and push the metal plate up, and it will pop out, takes a little patience once you break it loose to move it around and pull it out of the hole. you will be left with roughly a 2"x1" oval hole going up to the floor covering (whether it be carpet or a rubber floor)
Old 07-03-2006, 08:17 PM

I ran mine under the dash and out throught the grommet in the firewall, and then under the cab and up in between the cab and bed, and into the bed on my old truck, did the same on the new one 'cept it's a flatbed.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:25 PM

I ran my up the A pillar under the roof and out the third brake light. I placed a BNC connector in the lens. That way I can take off the magnetic mount and store without a wire hanging around.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did almost the same thing, ran it out under teh third brake light. Only I just indented the metal just enough to let the cable come out without pinching it. You only see the wire from the light to the antenna.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...cat=500&page=4
Old 07-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OHFarmboy
I ran mine under the dash and out throught the grommet in the firewall, and then under the cab and up in between the cab and bed, and into the bed on my old truck, did the same on the new one 'cept it's a flatbed.
Similar here, tie wrapped it to the headache rack, I have the antenna brackets on the sides of the tool box.

I have the CB mounted where the useless cupholder was.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
Similar here, tie wrapped it to the headache rack, I have the antenna brackets on the sides of the tool box.

I have the CB mounted where the useless cupholder was.
Sorry to hijack, but what is the red light to the right of the O/D button for? I have one on mine but I am not sure what its for. Figured it was something the PO put in.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Banned

Mine blinks when the alarm is armed. (And technically it's the fog light switch. I ALWAYS pick my own gear)
Old 07-04-2006, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
Mine blinks when the alarm is armed. (And technically it's the fog light switch. I ALWAYS pick my own gear)
Should have paid more attention to your sig.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Banned

No big deal. Just needing to give someone a hard time about something
Old 07-05-2006, 06:26 PM

ok i'm getting it now. and for some more detail on what i'm gonna be doing is...i'm gonna have 4ft dual whips in the bed, but i'm only running one of them and having the other as a dummy and to even things out. so now for some questions...1)should i run the coax up and over the front of the bed and in between the cab and bed, or drill a hole in the box and do it thata way. 2)how do ya'll get under the carpet without cutting it or taking it out and 3)for all you auto guys like me, where'd ya mount the CB itself, some pics too if ya could.

thanks

Quick Reply: Where/How Did You Run Your CB Coax?