Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Where to get new Di-Pricol guages?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to get new Di-Pricol guages?

I know that Di-Pricol is making gauges that are back lit to match the guages in the 2003's. Anyone know of a good place to buy them? Also can't find a good mount that I want, have to keep the grab handle, a dual pod that fits under it would be nice.....
Old 05-03-2003, 05:01 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Re:Where to get new Di-Pricol guages?

[quote author=Mopar_Mudder link=board=7;threadid=14309;start=0#134516 date=1051933934]<br>I know that Di-Pricol is making gauges that are back lit to match the guages in the 2003's. Anyone know of a good place to buy them? <br>[/quote]<br><br>You can likely find the new DiProcols wherever DiProcol is sold, however the new pyro has not been released yet, despite information to the contrary on the forums. I don't have a timeline on the new pyro. Lighting on the currrent pyro, IMHO, is terrible.<br><br>Rod
Old 05-03-2003, 08:28 AM

Is this the Pyro that you are saying the lighting is no good on? Thats not good to here, it is either this or the X-Monitor I guess.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:33 AM

I just looked and see that the X-monitor is listed on their price page for the 2003's, must have just put it their.<br><br>Question is.....is the one with fuel pressure worth the extra $260 <br><br>Price Sheet
Old 05-03-2003, 06:05 PM

Here is a place I found. Prices seem good too.<br><br>http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/gauges<br><br>The pyro in your pic Mopar_Mudder looks like the lighting would be fine. These are the gauges I am going to get.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:27 PM

That is where i got the picture <br><br>Only thing i don't get, is why the center of the two guages are not the same. To me that looks terrible, like they aren't even the same brand, what were they thinking?
Old 05-04-2003, 12:33 PM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

[quote author=BigBlueHO link=board=7;threadid=14309;start=0#134680 date=1052003106]
The pyro in your pic Mopar_Mudder looks like the lighting would be fine. These are the gauges I am going to get.
[/quote]

Actually, the boost lighting is great for night driving. The pyro washes out badly so you can't see many of the numbers. The red numbers are especially poor. Keep in mind that everyone's vision differs, so you may be able to see the numbers just fine.

As for the different gauge faces, its mostly due to the fact that DiProcol doesn't manufacture their own gauges, at least as far as the pyro goes. The pyro is actually a Hewitt with a different face. The &quot;keyhole&quot; overlay is used to cover up the very large mechanism used to translate the pyrometer signal to the analog sweep.

Rod

Trending Topics

Old 05-04-2003, 04:15 PM

I have the gauges in the pic. The lighting seems fine to me. I do wish the pyro was made the same as the FP and the TB gauge
Old 05-04-2003, 07:27 PM

The X-moniter was not available on Friday. They expect to have em out later this upcoming week. Im debating buying it cause I dont like the in your face feeling I get from the pillar mount. Decisions, decisions...
Old 05-04-2003, 08:45 PM

[quote author=crabman link=board=7;threadid=14309;start=0#134883 date=1052094427]<br>The X-moniter was not available on Friday. They expect to have em out later this upcoming week. Im debating buying it cause I dont like the in your face feeling I get from the pillar mount. Decisions, decisions...<br>[/quote]<br><br>It is available now, infact some one has posted on their board that they have one and have had some problems with it.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:11 PM

Saw that, never the less I spoke to them Friday and they did not have em in the shop yet with the form for the 03.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:09 AM

I question some times if their sales staff knows what is going on. I called back in February and they told me that they had them and could ship one out that day, then I had to explain to them that they don't make them yet.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:52 AM

I was wondering that myself. I did talk to both the sales people and the shop people and both said the forms were not in yet. I was inquiring about the one with fuel pressure and it could be that one has something different that isnt ready yet?
Old 05-05-2003, 10:39 AM

That could be that is has something to do with the fuel pressure part of it. I see they list in on their price page now, still trying to decide if it worth the extra money [undecided]
Old 05-05-2003, 10:53 AM

Just spoke to them again. It seems they started witha relatively small run and sold it out. They will have more available in a day or two. I went ahead and got the fuel pressure one. Im going to be in the area Friday and pick it up. Spendy unit, not sure if Im doing the right thing or not.

Quick Reply: Where to get new Di-Pricol guages?