Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Where to buy stacks

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy stacks

Hey everyone im looking to find the cheapest place to buy two 6" miter cut stacks, i dont need the whole kit unless i can find one for cheaper than what ive seen, i planned on just ising either a box tipe set up or use a piece of bigger pipe we have around the farm for in the bed, but what else will i need. thanks
Old 01-08-2006, 05:03 PM

Try ebay. I know they have chrome 4" and 5" on a regular basis for around $100/pr. I checked locally, and all the places said they couldn't even sell me non chromed straight sections of pipe for that (I just paid almost $50 for a 4' length of 4"). i don't know if they have 6" or not.

Jim
Old 01-08-2006, 05:14 PM

Try Berube's in New Hamsphire. www.berubes.com . They carry Grand Rock and Dynaflex stacks. Nice people to deal with.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:28 PM

Try here, pretty close to you. http://www.atwchrome.com/php/d.php?c...ion=index.html Or, any truck stop, truck chrome shop, or truck parts shop.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:39 PM

Routing exhaust pipes for stacks.

I have been trying to figure something out for quite awhile. I have seen several people's setup for the stacks on their pickup, but it seems that almost everyone is making one hole in the bed and splitting the exhaust in the bed instead of underneeth it and making two holes in the bed. Is this due to the fuel tank, or is there another reason? I would prefer to have my bed usable, but don't want to take a risk if there is no reason. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:03 PM

Iowa80.com
Old 01-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Registered

i got my off of ebay from a guy named chromeroom.

Trending Topics

Old 01-08-2006, 07:20 PM

Call up backclouddiesel or go to their website www.blackclouddiesel.com I called and talked to they guy there and he is a good guy with good prices, see what he can do for you...

Kevin
Old 01-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rick_Orcutt
I have been trying to figure something out for quite awhile. I have seen several people's setup for the stacks on their pickup, but it seems that almost everyone is making one hole in the bed and splitting the exhaust in the bed instead of underneeth it and making two holes in the bed. Is this due to the fuel tank, or is there another reason? I would prefer to have my bed usable, but don't want to take a risk if there is no reason. Thanks.
yes it's either over the tank, or under the frame nether one a good option . So it's one hole then split
Old 01-08-2006, 10:31 PM

Thanks. That cleared up my question. I appreciate your thoughts on this.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:08 AM

i installed my stacks a bit diferent than most guys did,it looks great and it takes up much less space in the box,i bought my stacks and chrome cross piece at a truck wrecker for 50${can}and a few clamps from a truck place for cheap,i drilled a 3and a quarter inch hole directly over my stock exhaust and welded a piece of 3inch pipe to my chrome cross piece and dropped the cross piece in the hole and cuttoff my stock exhast and conected to my short stub with a piece of 3inch flex,then ran my stacks and mouted them to the box.works great and i only have a 3ich hole in my box and the cross piece is very low on the box and you cant see the stub in the hole and its completely removeable with nothing welded to the factory exhaust.total cost was like 150${can}.it also dropped my egts by almost 100 degrees,would probaly be more if i used 4ich pipe off the turbo but still pretty good,not that loud in the cab iether.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Banned

3" = WAY too small!!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my stacks off of ebay, and you can see how I did my chamber in my gallery.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rick_Orcutt
I placed the hole in the bed right over the stock pipe. I was able to put a 4" elbow on a "Y" pipe and it ended up at the right depth to hook right up with NO flex pipe! I was reluctant to put the hole in the middle as it was too close to the tank for my comfort. You could put it in the middle if you were to fab up a heat shield. Good luck, you are gonna love the sound of those stacks.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:04 PM

Anyone have thoughts about a single stack on the passenger side? I don't want to waste the room in my bed for the crossover pipe, but I would like a stack. I don't think a single would look bad, although duals would look better. I would be using a single 4" or 5" stack.

Jim

Quick Reply: Where to buy stacks