Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Wheel and Tire pic request..

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel and Tire pic request..

I'm thinking about going with a set of 16x10 rims and 33x12.50.16 tires on my truck and was wondering what it would look like. I don't reall want to go over 33 inches cause of the speedo/mileage and I don't really want to lift it yet. I still have the stock rims and 285's on it now. Pics of 35 inch tires would be ok, as the biggest factor I'm looking at is the width. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:10 AM

16x10 M/T Classsic II w/ 305/70-16 Buckshot Maxxis Mudders(same as 33's)

I am running a 2" leveling Kit also. Hope this helps!

ADAM
Old 11-16-2006, 08:24 AM

Thanks! That is almost the exact same rim I was thinking about too. I'm looking at the Eagle 058's in the 16x10 size and either a Nitto Terra Grappler AT for a "nice" tire or a PitBull Growler for a more aggressive tire. I like the idea of the PitBulls alot better than the Nittos, but the PitBulls only come in bias ply. I've rode in a couple of truck with very large (39.5-42") bias tires and they don't ride too bad once the tire is heated up. So I figured the smaller tires wouldn't bounce as bad once heated up. Someone correct me if I wrong.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look in my gallery, the brown truck has 305/70-16's on 8" Mickey Thompson wheels
Old 11-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bobwhite
Thanks! That is almost the exact same rim I was thinking about too. I'm looking at the Eagle 058's in the 16x10 size and either a Nitto Terra Grappler AT for a "nice" tire or a PitBull Growler for a more aggressive tire. I like the idea of the PitBulls alot better than the Nittos, but the PitBulls only come in bias ply. I've rode in a couple of truck with very large (39.5-42") bias tires and they don't ride too bad once the tire is heated up. So I figured the smaller tires wouldn't bounce as bad once heated up. Someone correct me if I wrong.
Seriously don't go with Bias Ply.....they ride like crap even after heating up and the tread life on a bias ply tire is horrible. The Pitbulls are sweet tires......for wheeling and that's about it. I ran a set of 35's on my Jeep and that tread is so soft that the pavement would EAT those things up FAST!

If you want a more aggressive tire...got with the Nitto Mud Grapplers.....a sweet tire and look MEAN!

~Nick
Old 11-16-2006, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
Seriously don't go with Bias Ply.....they ride like crap even after heating up and the tread life on a bias ply tire is horrible. The Pitbulls are sweet tires......for wheeling and that's about it. I ran a set of 35's on my Jeep and that tread is so soft that the pavement would EAT those things up FAST!

If you want a more aggressive tire...got with the Nitto Mud Grapplers.....a sweet tire and look MEAN!

~Nick

Can I get the Mud Grappler's in a E Load Rating?
Old 11-16-2006, 09:43 PM

Heres my 315's on a 9" rim if it helps...

Old 11-17-2006, 08:40 AM

just make sure you get the right backspaceing and offset. I see alot of dodges (mostly gassers) around here where the backspaceing is way off and just about the whole wheel and tire are out side of the wheel well. thats a hell of alot of stress on your bearings.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Captain
just make sure you get the right backspaceing and offset. I see alot of dodges (mostly gassers) around here where the backspaceing is way off and just about the whole wheel and tire are out side of the wheel well. thats a hell of alot of stress on your bearings.

What kind of backspacing would I need for a 16x10" rim?
Old 11-17-2006, 10:07 AM

What kind of backspacing would I need for a 16x10" rim?
I'm really not sure since I dont like to run a wide tire. What you need to do is figure out the width of your tire and the width of your wheel you know. Then take some measurements. Basiclly you want the wheel/tire to be in twords the center as far as you can without it hitting things. So at full lock and full compression it needs to be clear from hitting the controll arms and all that. now with only 33" tires you can probbaly get away with measureing your stock wheels width and back spaceing. figureing out how much wider your going and just increase both sides equilly. I dont think im explaining this very well. I have to appolgise ive only screwed with back spaceing once and it was on my car. I never needed to worry about it for the truck. So if you have a 8" wide wheel with 5" of back space and your increaseing your wheel to 10" wide. thats a 2" differance. So I would personally say 6" of backspace and then go get some rough measruements to make sure there would be no interfearnce. Maybe someone else will chime in with a much simpler way of doing it or say "hey I've got xx brand and xx wheel and it has xx back space. it looks good!" and you can just go with that. I just dont want to see you end up like that guy that followed me last night in his gasser. 11 of the 12" of tire were out side the wheel wells. Looks like crap.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Banned

Can I get the Mud Grappler's in a E Load Rating?
I'm almost positive you can, those are one of the most popular tire on lifted diesels........them and the Toyo Mt's. Both are a GREAT tire, I love the Toyo's, the just don't look as mean and nasty as the Nitto Mud Grapplers.

~Nick
Old 11-17-2006, 11:12 AM

Dont worry as much about the letter rateing as the pounds rateing. My load range D 35" AT's are higher rated then my stock load range E tires at around 3200 or 3500pounds. And my load range D or E 39" tires are almost 4500pounds.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned

Yeah I think my 38's have a D rating and them are some stiff sons a guns!!

~Nick
Old 11-17-2006, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
Yeah I think my 38's have a D rating and them are some stiff sons a guns!!

~Nick

yeah i think my 39's are D rated and they sure are stiff! I think there 3 steel plys. even at only half there max PSI and 4000# in the pickup bed they dont buldge at all.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

16x10 mickey thompson classic 2's with 4.5" back spacing (I do not recommend them) with 315/75/16 tires.

Quick Reply: Wheel and Tire pic request..