Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What turbo are you running on your 12 valve?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kas83
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna go with it for sure then. My truck will probably never go over 17k gross, and the power is going to stay the same once the charger is on, so I feel it will be the way to go. With Summit's pricing and the fact that I won't pay full price makes it that much sweeter.
I doubt you'll be disappointed! Good Luck!

Originally Posted by Need95-00CTD
And PDR, HTT, or II can upgrade them to a 62, 64, or 66mm compressor, and change the exhaust housings as well if you need to do so in the future.
Yes, it's upgradeable by any of the good shops, or you can call BD and get the Twins Upgrade <---AWESOME for a 450hp towing 12v, or 500+HP for playing!!!

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
I thought for sure it was a 62.. Sorry for the bad info.. A buddy of mine has a Super B on his 24V and runs over 450 RWHP, got it from the local BD dealer. Certainly can't do that with a 57...
You'd be surprised, that is one good little charger for it's size! It ran every bit as well as the 62 I sold you...but it was a bit more money! Your friend "could" have a Super B Special, too! On a 24v, I'd say 450HP isn't out of the question at all!

Chris
Old 07-26-2007, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
I thought for sure it was a 62.. Sorry for the bad info.. A buddy of mine has a Super B on his 24V and runs over 450 RWHP, got it from the local BD dealer. Certainly can't do that with a 57...
BD offers the Super B Single and Super B Special. They say the Special is to bridge the gap between the Single and the twin setup that they offer. That might be what he has then.

And I am aware of the upgradability of this charger if the need would arise in the future. I think it is the perfect compromise for me given what I want the truck to do. I want more than what it has, but not a huge amount. I think I will be more than happy with ONLY 350 hp, lol.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

There is some pretty good info in this thread, I know I have been thinking about a Garrett GT4094R to get 600RWHP on #2 only and anywhere from 700-800hp on nitrous... But still be daily driveable and even towable occasionally.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Muddin_dude06
There is some pretty good info in this thread, I know I have been thinking about a Garrett GT4094R to get 600RWHP on #2 only and anywhere from 700-800hp on nitrous... But still be daily driveable and even towable occasionally.
If you have 4.10's and stock tires, towing "might" be an option with the GT4094R...it WILL surge! With a stick, you should be able to drive around a lot of it, but on my Auto, if almost always barks on OD lockup, sometimes on 3rd lockup...but I have 3.55's and 35's!

With a Cam and headwork, it should help a lot, but how much I don't know...mine haven't got here yet

I wish someone would put one of the GT4088R's or 94R's on a manual truck...I'll bet if I had a stick, I'd love this charger. So far, it cools good, and spools decent for it's size. If I ever figure out the rest of my fueling problems, it might get even better!

Chris
Old 07-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by signature600
If you have 4.10's and stock tires, towing "might" be an option with the GT4094R...it WILL surge! With a stick, you should be able to drive around a lot of it, but on my Auto, if almost always barks on OD lockup, sometimes on 3rd lockup...but I have 3.55's and 35's!

With a Cam and headwork, it should help a lot, but how much I don't know...mine haven't got here yet

I wish someone would put one of the GT4088R's or 94R's on a manual truck...I'll bet if I had a stick, I'd love this charger. So far, it cools good, and spools decent for it's size. If I ever figure out the rest of my fueling problems, it might get even better!

Chris
I have 35's and 3.55's but I will be switching to 33's soon... I tell you what man you can just send me your charger and I'll try it out for a while, I am in the process of porting out my head to the max, Valve job, O-ringing it, 60lb. springs and adding in my PDR cam

My goal is as close to 600rwhp on diesel only or more and possibly 750ish on nitrous.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:43 AM

Haha...you're funny!
You might be able to talk me out of my downpipe once I go to twins though

My goal is 12.0 seconds on fuel, and thrown out of the track with some spray, everyday weight...I'm hoping 700hp will get me to 12.0!

Chris
Old 07-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Banned

I would love to try one though, if i don't go that route to try something different I will probably end up with an S400 hybrid with a 66mm inducer and 78mm turbine in either an HY9 9cm turbine housing or HX35 12cm housing. What are other turbos out that could support my goal and still daily drive fine and possibly tow?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:00 AM

It's tough when you say possibly tow...I haven't found a single on a 12v that will do both high HP, and still tow decent...unless you want to tow at 2500RPM. The fueling on these things, static timing, and anemic airflow just kills the towing with a big charger!

A HTT 62/71/13SS with a LOT of Nitrous would be my towing setup of choice, either that or a GT3782 Stage II Garrett with a GT4202R underneath, some water for cooling, and some spray for playing!

Chris

Chris
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Banned

When I say possibly tow it would only be up to 3-4 big 4wheelers after the hay season is over. And I also live at sea level and never go past Tulsa OK north... I figure if I could touch 600rwhp in full fuel my valet would be 450ish and thus allow towing with sensibility.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:30 AM

The heat towing isn't as big a problem as the surging...with the old B1 I never hat heat problems towing, but I couldn't run 6th gear because it would surge over about 1/4 throttle!

3-4 ATV's and a trailer is what...4500lbs? You might be OK there...don't know. Our trailer is 3500lb empty but I can't pull it in OD loaded at 10K...I want to try it again when I switch back to a 33" tire...that should be a whole lot better!

Chris
Old 07-27-2007, 07:24 PM

Ok, I'm getting ready to order this thing from summit, only cuz of the price. I noticed it comes with a downpipe adapter. I assume that the turbine has a 4 inch outlet. If I were to pick up an HX40 downpipe with my HTT manifold, and snag the Dynomax cat back exhaust, how much pipe would I need to fill in the void? I've decided against a stainless exhaust for various reasons. And will the BHAF flow enough air to keep the charger happy with my fuel level? Just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

As a final recap, 15*timing, #10 plate, 3k gsk, stock 215 injectors, BD Super B Single, HTT 3-piece manifold, 4 inch exhaust and BHAF. Should street very good, burn clean, and run cool EGT wise. Once everything is on I will get the pump tweaked to make it as close to perfect. Plus a valet switch for use when someone else borrows the truck.

My Valair clutch is at home waiting to go in, OFE should be capable of handling the power. Thanks again for the help in finally making up my mind on this.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by kas83
Ok, I'm getting ready to order this thing from summit, only cuz of the price. I noticed it comes with a downpipe adapter. I assume that the turbine has a 4 inch outlet. If I were to pick up an HX40 downpipe with my HTT manifold, and snag the Dynomax cat back exhaust, how much pipe would I need to fill in the void? I've decided against a stainless exhaust for various reasons. And will the BHAF flow enough air to keep the charger happy with my fuel level? Just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

As a final recap, 15*timing, #10 plate, 3k gsk, stock 215 injectors, BD Super B Single, HTT 3-piece manifold, 4 inch exhaust and BHAF. Should street very good, burn clean, and run cool EGT wise. Once everything is on I will get the pump tweaked to make it as close to perfect. Plus a valet switch for use when someone else borrows the truck.

My Valair clutch is at home waiting to go in, OFE should be capable of handling the power. Thanks again for the help in finally making up my mind on this.
BHAF will be OK, but a better intake might lower EGT's some...try it, see what happens! I ran it with a Scotty II.

As far as the DP and pipe, probably about 2'...sometimes it takes 10", sometimes it takes 2'.

Chris
Old 09-02-2007, 02:54 AM

An update: Been very busy with driving, haven't made it home for more than a couple days since June. Anyways, I hadn't gotten around to ordering the turbo from Summit yet. Was searching around Ebay tonight, and came across this.
http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...m=220144700641

That is a 57/14, correct? The ad says it's the same as the BD Super B. Shipping to my house is $40, so for $1,240, I get a charger, 4 inch DP with clamp, all gaskets, adapter and exhaust clamps, and all I need to do is bolt it on and go. It works out to be only a couple dollars less when I figure in the price of a downpipe and seperate shipping on ordering from Summit and HTT. Is there any significant difference in the BD charger and this one? Or is it pretty much the same deal, minus the BD logo? Thanks again for all the help.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:49 AM

I thought the Super B from BD came with a downpipe too??

Chris
Old 09-02-2007, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by signature600
I thought the Super B from BD came with a downpipe too??

Chris

I called BD and Summit awhile back on it, it comes with a downpipe adaptor, so that you can hook to your stock exhaust. I say what's the point in having a 3" stock downpipe when you have a 4" outlet on the new charger. Might as well take advantage of it.

Quick Reply: What turbo are you running on your 12 valve?