Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

what turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well like i said i am lookin for WAY cooler egts than what i have now and i do want all out performance. the trailer i tow only ways 3k and i load it with my 2k sandrail and thats all i will ever be towing is that and only on big holidays. i do go hunting in the mountains and not sure how this would work at say 7000 elevation, but other than that i think you guys kinda get the picture of what i am lookin for. i just got my ATS sold and am ready to buy another turbo to replace it.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:39 AM

Now if you want whistle check out one of SmokinRod's pulls
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=113418

The ps does have a different sound than a holset. Not bad but different.
Dunno about surging, but the ps64 is pretty well mannered and does a good job cooling my level of fueling.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by CTD2001
.....After the Cam, the turbo lag has been just about eliminated. It spools real nice now and the street manners have been imporved, it can be driven smoke free if desired. Just today a girl that works with my old lady wanted to see some smoke from the truck, so i said alright, I made sure the cost was clear and pulled out, from a dead stop witht he TST box on level 3 with the Edge comp on for timing, I laid down a 200ft patch of rubber. I shocked myself, i am very easy on the truck 95% of the time. Before the cam, the truck would not do a burn out like that because of the lag
Thats awesome man. Mines like yours used to be- can't burn rubber without some rpms and a little clutch work Hopefully that will change soon
Old 10-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Banned

does any one know if the silver bullet is towable
Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 AM

It is somewhat towable, i think its almost just like the sps66 , and i tow with mine!
Old 10-30-2006, 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is all kinds of performance, what kind are you looking for? Hot rodding on the street? Drag racing? Sled Pulling? Dyno contests? Each of these will favor one setup more then another. I daily drive my pickup, and drag race it on weekends. I now have over 1000 1/4 mile passes, with the best E.T. to date is a 12.24@109mph. I tried (and destroyed), different singles before going to twins. I won't go back. If you are looking for hot rodding on the street, then something along the lines of a 64/14 works well. Dyno contest... A large single with nitrous is hard to beat. Sled Pulling...I have no idea....

Paul
Old 10-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Banned

I have the 66 and pull 20k with no surging or any problems.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Banned

i daily drive the truck but i like to street race with it on the weekends. thats the kinda power i am lookin for but able to tow my sand rail to the dunnes as well. its starting to look like the SPS 64/14 is going to be my best bet. i called Industrial Injection today and they seem to think my best bet is a SPS62 and i think thats kinda small dont you? given my ATS is only a 58/12 right now/
Old 10-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Banned

i do have the money to get a set of BD twins. what would you guys do in my situation. get BD twins or get a BIG single like the silver bullet
Old 10-30-2006, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by inline6power
i do have the money to get a set of BD twins. what would you guys do in my situation. get BD twins or get a BIG single like the silver bullet

i think youd be happier with the twins since you already got studs and o-rings.
just think instant spool up and 600+hp!
good luck in your choice.

dieselfan
Old 10-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Banned

yeah guess i am old fashion, i have just been a single turbo kinda guy . i guess i cant talk bad about twins since i have never riden in a truck with them so i guess i am being a hypocrit seeing as i might buy a set lol. well thank you all for all your guys information and help. really appreciate it.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:47 PM

yeah guess i am old fashion, i have just been a single turbo kinda guy . i guess i cant talk bad about twins since i have never riden in a truck with them so i guess i am being a hypocrit seeing as i might buy a set lol. well thank you all for all your guys information and help. really appreciate it.
i just think you have everything in your favor(parts wise), your truck is set up nicely and is ready for some air. i think you will make the right choice.
good luck.

dieselfan
Old 10-30-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If I had a couple more thousand dollars handy, I would have put that along with the 2000.00 I just spent for my upgrades and bought twins.
I think they are definitely the way to go for towing and no lag power.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:41 PM

Despite the advances in singles, anyone who has had twins will tell you you want twins. Ever thought of building around that aurora?
Old 10-31-2006, 09:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
Despite the advances in singles, anyone who has had twins will tell you you want twins. Ever thought of building around that aurora?
yeah but i can get a brand new set of BD twins for XXXX$ from a good place and ATS wants 3500$ just for the rest of their kit. dont know how 3500 justifies the aurora 5000 plus the piping. just seems alot to me. thats y i say i am leaning towards the BD twins if i go twins. seems like a good product and they are very reasonalble. i mean a silver bullet retails for 2400 and shoot the twins are only 3 hundred more

Last edited by inline6power; 11-01-2006 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: what turbo