Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What should i expect from twin turbo kit when it is installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: What should i expect from twin turbo kit when it is installed

Originally posted by Huff nPuff
You dont have enough fuel to spool the twins.If you dont intend on going over 500hp you really dont need twins.

why doesnt the 275 have enough fuel to spool the twins?.........
Old 08-13-2005, 06:14 AM

what are signs of a blown head gasket on the cummins same as a reg gas engine?....coolant and oil leaks?.......
Old 08-13-2005, 07:14 AM

My 97 was blowing oil out of the front of the motor when it popped the gasket. It just matters where the gasket blows.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:40 AM

ok..i have gotten pms from a few people saying i need bigger fuel sticks for the twins........why dont you post this and give your theory on this because Piers told me they are fine for a daily driven truck...........is there anything that has happen or does someone have bad history with them or something?......im trying to figure out why yall tell me there to small to spool the twins?.......
Old 08-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Banned

Twins take a pretty good amount of fuel to spool. Not saying that they won't work, just that your not gonna see all the benefits of the twins. They are probably gonna be slow spooling.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:37 AM

You're putting on BD twins right?? If you are, you should have no problem spooling them...at least not in my opinion!

Chris
Old 08-15-2005, 08:19 AM

the BD twins should be fine with the injectors i have?................

im little confused someone pmed me and said "the stock injectors work fine on the BD twins" and then someone told me that "the 275 will only support 400hp" ........and "there would be a ton of laggg on the BD twins".........can someone with atleast personal knowledge from owning them or seen the results tell me .........some of there comments make me think about how they feel about other stuff.............for all i know people will start sending me pm saying the intercooler is to keep eggs cold or some kind of stupid crap like that..........
Old 08-15-2005, 08:25 AM

I would think so...that top charger is as fast spooling as the stocker.

The only problem you'll have is low EGT's

Chris
Old 08-15-2005, 10:56 AM

Twins using the same top turbo as a single will and do spool slower. By going with larger injectors you will produce the heat and pressure to help with spoolup as well as spin the large charger efficiently. Guys have been overfueling twins for years but little is heard about underfueling....... Will they work? Yup. But they will work a whole lot better if paired up to a setup matched for them.

As for the headgasket contrary to what was mentioned above O-ringing the head is a better solution than just running studs. Yes some guys are "lucky" enough to get away with just studs and reasonable boost but I have seen more than one studded truck that blew its headgasket with less than 50 lbs boost! Failing to Let the engine get completely warmed up is one of the biggest issues when they go. Also when we are talking about boost, backpressure is just as big a problem (if not more so) with blown gaskets.

Doug
Old 08-15-2005, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm running the BD twins and for daily driving I am right around 350hp. They spool just fine. You will not have any problems.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:40 PM

AK Ram,

Your setup should be above 350 HP...... I would expect with the twins, TST, and injectors to be around 400-450 minimum. Have you dynoed your setup? Not trying to flame just curious because the guys I know who have similiar setups are all well above 400 with a single turbo.

Doug
Old 08-15-2005, 03:28 PM

Originally posted by Jetpilot
Twins using the same top turbo as a single will and do spool slower. By going with larger injectors you will produce the heat and pressure to help with spoolup as well as spin the large charger efficiently. Guys have been overfueling twins for years but little is heard about underfueling....... Will they work? Yup. But they will work a whole lot better if paired up to a setup matched for them.

As for the headgasket contrary to what was mentioned above O-ringing the head is a better solution than just running studs. Yes some guys are "lucky" enough to get away with just studs and reasonable boost but I have seen more than one studded truck that blew its headgasket with less than 50 lbs boost! Failing to Let the engine get completely warmed up is one of the biggest issues when they go. Also when we are talking about boost, backpressure is just as big a problem (if not more so) with blown gaskets.

Doug
backpreassure ......in what ways.....i have staright pipes??????????????????????
Old 08-15-2005, 03:30 PM

well since there are no bosch injectors past 275s...........will jammer nozzles work?.......and oringing the head for 300.00 where is this being done......ill rip off my head to get it Oringed right now........
Old 08-15-2005, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by storx
backpreassure ......in what ways.....i have staright pipes??????????????????????

Backpressure between the turbo and pistons.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by storx
well since there are no bosch injectors past 275s...........will jammer nozzles work?.......and oringing the head for 300.00 where is this being done......ill rip off my head to get it Oringed right now........
Since you are in NC, why don't you get a hold of Olee Poole. He can do the head for you and help you set up your twins. He also has F1 Mach injectors.

Here's the info...
powerbypoole.com
He is in Salisbury, NC

*I am not affliliated with Powerbypoole in any way.

Quick Reply: What should i expect from twin turbo kit when it is installed