Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike D
That's kind of rude, don't you think?

MSquare is offering his opinion as to what he considers a budget performance injector, yet you call him a dummy?

Maybe you're the

Rude? No, I don't think so... not one bit. Especially when the thread starter mentions nozzles right off the bat. DDPs are not budget injectors... especially when comparing them to $250 Jammer nozzles.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Um OK. I guess we have a difference of opinion as to what's rude.

I've seen plenty of people ask about nozzles only to buy an injector like DPP or F1 once faced with the troubling facts about injector tips... Unless you're a multi millionaire everyone one is on a budget...

The fact is, no matter how the question was worded, phrased etc by the original poster, MSquare shouldn't have been called a dummy for giving his opinion. Too much to ask?

This thread is about injectors or injectors tips for the college kid...
Old 08-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen plenty of people ask about nozzles only to buy an injector like DPP or F1 once faced with the troubling facts about injector tips... Unless you're a multi millionaire everyone one is on a budget...

The fact is, no matter how the question was worded, phrased etc by the original poster, MSquare shouldn't have been called a dummy for giving his opinion. Too much to ask?

This thread is about injectors or injectors tips for the college kid...
Well said, if you have an opinion, state it. Otherwise keep the pot shots to yourself...
Old 08-23-2007, 04:35 PM

Mike D what are the troubling facts about nozzels?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Chapter President

I heard people complain about rough idle, low hp and excessive smoke. In one rare case I've heard about an injector tip breaking and taking out a piston.

Too scary for me and my $8000 to replace engine.

I run F1 injectors.. Don M. is the owner and builder of my injectors. He once said if his injectors were ever to cause an engine failure, he would be paying for some expensive parts....

If you are a big picture kind of guy the following statement will make perfect sense. What's a few extra hundred dollars when your goal as a Cummins powered pickup truck owner is to have longevity, reliability and performance.

If you want to talk money, break it down this way. Say injector tips cost $250 using a quote that someone said earlier. You decide to sell those injectors tips, how much are you going to get???? My guess is next to nothing.. You save a couple months longer and buy some Mach 4's for $800 you can sell them for darn near what you paid for them... Which money is better spent?

Edit: I just thought I would add, Don is from Texas...
Old 08-23-2007, 06:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My Don M injectors represent over half the total BOMB money spent on my truck so far.

Worth every penny, imo. I'd be willing to try some DDPs, though.

JMO
Old 08-24-2007, 12:06 AM

I guess so, I don't take emoticons on a forum near as seriously either.

If anyone truely considers DDPs budget injectors... I'd absolutely LOVE to be on your budget.

But anywho if you can swing $500+ for the cheapest set of DDPs then I would by all means get them. Unless you want a bigger injector... which will put you anywhere from $700 to $900 or more if you pay to have them installed.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:06 AM

Edit: I just thought I would add, Don is from Texas...
Yes he is Mike....and he builds great injectors, IMO.
But I had to laugh at your comment because I live less than an hr away from Don .... but had to call the West Coast to get his injectors ...
when I bgt my Mach 6's.

RJ
Old 08-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Chapter President

FWIW I have DDP III's and they are a great injector. LESS smoke at startup and cold idle than my 215's. Less low boost smoke but will let fly at WOT. Smooth idle and no mid RPM band stutter that 370 's give. All in all, everything they said they would do and more. And my mileage is untouched, still 19-20 MPG US...a

BTW I bought them used off of the DTR Classifieds for almost 1/2 price with only 4K miles on them.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by RowJ
Yes he is Mike....and he builds great injectors, IMO.
But I had to laugh at your comment because I live less than an hr away from Don .... but had to call the West Coast to get his injectors ...
when I bgt my Mach 6's.

RJ
Talk about going around your other elbow... I guess Don is loyal to his dealers.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by 1BAD4X4
Rude? No, I don't think so... not one bit. Especially when the thread starter mentions nozzles right off the bat. DDPs are not budget injectors... especially when comparing them to $250 Jammer nozzles.
Don't forget - You get what you pay for.

I've always tried to spend responsibly, if it cost's a little more upfront, but will serve me better in the long run, I'd rather save a little longer. It has served me well and probably saved me some dough in the long run.

Pot shots, sniping, name calling......I have thick skin. Those kind of post's just lose credibility right from the start.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:38 PM

... I guess Don is loyal to his dealers.
Exactly what he said! Can't argue with that...or live in the past when we could call him directly!

RJ
Old 08-24-2007, 02:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Don's loyalty to his dealers is a key part of his success, imo--because the dealers give that loyalty back, and they know they can trust their rep with him.

I remember the good old days when I could PM Don with gee-whiz kinda questions like: "Why don't you contact Cometic to see if they'd make a HG for us? or "Can you get Schubeck to make us a ceramic tappet?" only to find out that he had already had that idea and was already working on the very same thing.

Not to defame Don, but I had this eerie, separated-at-birth type of feeling
Old 08-24-2007, 09:34 PM

Carr had no clue what tweeder_51's budget was... and he called MSquare a dummy for his suggestion to use the DPP injectors. Maybe tweeder_51's college budget is $1000? He didn't say... Never the less, I think it was out of line for the dummy icon. Maybe I'm a dummy for say anything.

Good luck tweeder_51 with whatever injector you choose.

I saw "dummy" twice it was time to bring on the FRED G SANFORD!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by MSquare
Don't forget - You get what you pay for.

I've always tried to spend responsibly, if it cost's a little more upfront, but will serve me better in the long run, I'd rather save a little longer. It has served me well and probably saved me some dough in the long run.

Oh I understand what your saying and I agree, but I think that most of us wouldn't put DDP and budget in the same sentence.

I wouldn't have looked twice at the emoticon... its nothing to get worked up over or consider it a pot shot... atleast not IMO.