Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What I did wrong? Quadzilla Control Pod is "dead"

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:35 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
What I did wrong? Quadzilla Control Pod is "dead"

So my question is, that what can cause it? I installed Quadzilla Adrenaline with no pulse and started the truck, no codes or nothing.

My control pod is completly dead, no lights,nothing.

Everything except the yellow fuel pressure sender wire are connected.
And the only pump wire is connected with Bluechip Pump cover.
This one:
http://www.bluechipdiesel.com/improv...nnections.html
I got the 12v for the pump wire when ignition is on, so I think that's right then.

I also got 12volts for the red wire with white tracer which goes to the interior fuse box to the 10amp engine fuse. And I connected the red wire with ring terminal to the batterys + and the two black wires with one ring terminal to the batterys -.

However, even that my control pod is out, my truck response to the throttle normally on neutral, I didn't drive my truck at all. But when I shut it , it wont shut off immediatly, I have to kill it by tapping my throttle, isn't that the turboguard?

But anyway, where's the problem?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:46 AM

I did some double checkings and everything is correctly installed, there's ground on the main harness which goes to the quadzilla box, and there's also 12volts.

However, The plug/4 wires which goes to the Control pod gives me some thoughts.

Can you guys check that out, do you have those 4 wires on that plug same than I have?
I mean I have black to black, white to white.
But as you can see, my green goes to red and opposite, red goes to green.

Is this correct? It seems weird that everything in this chip is colour-to-colour but this is the only exception that I have seen.

And then I did some continuance tests and every wire was intact, but then I did some voltage measurements and I got 4.5volts on both, red and black from the box to the control pod plug. White and green are 0.0volts.

But in the control pod end of the wire, I got only 1.44volts on the single one wire, all the other showed close to the zero. Possibly a "ghost voltage".

So is my factory harnesses connected wrong from the factory or is my Control pod dead allready from the factory?

I need some real help now here.

If there isn't any real quadzilla pro here, can some of you guys just check your control pod plug that do you have the colours just same than I have?
Black to Black, White to White, Red to Green and Green to Red.

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't use the Pod but my Pulse is....
Black to Black
White to White
Red to Red
Green to Green

Pull out the end of the pod plug and switch the red & green. That would be my suggestion on what to try.

Anyone else?

RJ
Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 AM

So my harness is wrong from the factory allready!

No wonder why the pod wont work because it's on short circuited!

You are sure about your wiring? There is only a one plug, so I'm sure you can't be wrong about that.

Thanks Rowj!
Old 12-11-2008, 11:05 AM

You forced me out to my truck again....to triple check! (never sure about anything!)
I'm Positive.....Red to Red and Green to Green!!!!!!!!

RJ
Old 12-11-2008, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red is power, should be 5v
Green is ground

WHite and Black are TX and RX for serial data.

I know you emailed me about a screwy dealer, I wonder if they sold you a new unit or what the deal is? I never heard back from you on that.

Change the wires on the control pod side. Simply pull the Orange plug out of the connector and look inside. You will se grey locking tabs for the pins. gently pull the correct ones back to relieve the lock while pulling the wire out.

Once they are out simply push them back into the right spot.

I supposed anything is possible and we sent it out like that but, this is the 1st one to my knowledge. I do find it hard to believe since every single wire harness, adrenaline and control pod are plugged in and tested before they leave here?
Old 12-11-2008, 01:28 PM

Yes, after I read RowJ's first post I went to my garage and changed the colours on box end connector. Why? Because I'm waiting for my pulse and I saw enough clearly from the owners manual/installation instruction that the wires are connected wrong from the box end.

And quess what, everything works great now!

You guys can't believe how much dirt I get from there, but this must be one of the best things ever. I'm not very thrilled because of this. The system was kind of in a short circuit, in the worst case scennario these parts or a similar mistake from a wrong connected wires could have been set a fire in my truck and burn my whole garage with it with a lot of other cars,quads,bikes and stuff. But I'm glad that I figured it out and it's working now.

Except my trans oil temp sensor is not working. The sensor is broken, I double grounded it, it just shows 100F all the time, when ground the sensor wire it shows 300, so the sensor is broken for sure... Wonder where I can get a new one...

And the screwy dealer. I gave up on that. I know that I'm standing on a fragile ice with that. Can't win that easily.

You see, I live in Finland, there's no offical channel for any of these parts that I'm needing. Some shops may ship those parts directly to here, but most of them just don't.

When I'm buing things like transmissions, atv's, lift kits, tires etc the shippings would really kill me.
So I'm using a finnish born guy from usa, he orders everything and then sent those things to me in a container. He's doing that stuff for his living, he sends about 10 full containers of car parts and stuff from every week from usa-to-finland. He bought the quadzilla adrenaline with pulse from some of the offical dealer using the direct code that I gave him, which was "ADR1000-PCM" .
My very dependable dealer and a friend got the package from the dealer and he put those stuff in a container along side of my twinturbos,injectors,fire ringed head gasket,studs,downpipe,stacks, HD valve springs, HD pushrods and everything. I'm getting so much stuff from there that it would be insane to use a postal service for every part I'll need.

So I only got the Adrenaline and the code for adrenaline was ADR1000 only.
When I'll got my parts after three months from the ordering and paying the full 899$ for the Adrenaline with pulse, which they also paid to the dealer.
Anyway, I noticed that I'm missing the pulse . So I call to my friend/dealer and he starts to clearing things up. Well, in their receipt, they can see only the total price which was much higher than the adrenaline&pulses price because they ordered a lot off other things from there too.

So they have to buy another pulse for me, even tho they never got the first one. Plus the extra 99$ for buying it separately.

I can ask the dealer's name for you qzilla, but I don't have a clear receipt for you. You can allways blame for my friend cheating me, but I know that's not the case.

Because all the shippings,mistakes and taxes my adrenaline total due for now is over 1900 dollars.

Usually when mistakes happens, I'll just shut up and take it. Because it's so darn complex and difficult to do anything from here with these things.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:42 PM

Ouch!
Eero, Glad you got it working but sorry for all your troubles.
Just remember, it's only money so....Enjoy your 'one of a kind' Finland truck!
To be special here... we need to be over 1000 hp

RJ