Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What the heck!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the heck!

Finally got the B1-2 today. Decided to go for it tonight. Got it all tore apart and sure enough the [EDIT] downpipe I got from Piers doesn't fit. Doesn't even look like the right connector for the B1 clamp. Sure [EDIT] doesn't line up or fit the clamp. I will refrain from flaming but [EDIT] nothing angers me more than getting [EDIT] things tore apart and not being able to put it back together. I sure as [EDIT] am not going to put the stock turbo back on it at this point but now the truck will have to sit until I can get this figured out. I will call Piers in the morning just wondering if anyone can tell by these pics what is going on? Considering the downpipe doesn't look like it will even work with the B1 clamp, is it possible they sent me the wrong down pipe for a different gen truck and/or turbo? Thx

[***EDITED BY ADMIN***]

Old 10-06-2004, 10:29 PM

That sucks Dukie!!!

Piers sent me the wrong intercooler boot as I have a boost leak and it is pretty frustrating and I didn't even take it apart!!!

What sled you going to ride this year?? Did you sell your F7?
Old 10-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Banned

Yeah I sold the F7 2 years ago and built have a 440 REV with an 800. Looking forward to this year.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:37 PM

How much $$$ you got sucka I have one laying in the garage! HAHAHHAHAH
Old 10-06-2004, 10:38 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats an HX40 downpipe. I think there is some kind of adapter for the B-1 to hook up to the 40 DP.

Don~
Old 10-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Banned

Thanks Don, sounds like they sent me the wrong downpipe since Mark was suppose to send me a bolt on b1 downpipe that they have been custom making. I'll see what he says tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You've got an EX-40 Downpipe with a B-1 wastegated (closed off) Turbine housing. They sell all B-1's with EX-3, EX-4 or B-1 housings. As you already know...they won't mate up. Did you specifically order it with the B-1 housing?

One other concern...sorry for bad news; If your turbine housing measures about 7" from back of compressor housing to end of turbine housing, you may be in for same problem I had with a KSB1-2 and the B-1 turbine housing. It's too long and your downpipe will hit the tunnel on your truck!
The EX-4 housing on the B-1's is only 5.75" long.

I had to take my downpipe to cummins shop and have them fabricate one to fit (cut 2" off, just behind the attachment flair on the downpipe, and to move it forward) away from tunnel (tranny hump). Than needed 2' of 4" stainless Flextube to hook up shorter downpipe to rest of the exhaust.

It was a royal pain & very frustrating...not to mention more expensive, but the B-1 turbo IS worth it, once your done.

I hope Piers knows about this problem and has built downpipes with flared hook up and shortened down bend. Standard lenght bend on downpipe with right hookup may not work, either!

You need an EX-4 exhaust housing (might be easier) or a customized downpipe.

PS - sent you an e-mail to show you what I'm refering to.

Good luck!
RJ