Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What does this mean for EDGE Products?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I got lucky. I bought a used BD Power Comp box and so far I haven't had a single issue with it. No clue when it was made.
Same here. Mine has the drag upgrade too. been working great so far.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Banned

Lil Dog,

The info you posted is somewhat correct. Edge products has been purchased by the parent company of MSD, an investment group of some kind etc. The same group recenly purchased Superchips last year. MSD ignition is the main control from what I know and has been very good for Superchips. The new Flashpaq is a recent new product that was released that is a new top flight item etc. Hopefully Edge will also benefit from MSD's electrical history and their products will only become better over time etc. Time will tell but I see this as a postiive move.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 04-05-2006, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by HOHN
KLOCKLIER owns superchips, which owns Ford, which owns Cummings
LMAO...LETS NOT DO THIS AGAIN
Old 04-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Mark for the info..

I guess this doesn't make as many waves as I thought it would. But hey, Daimler owns 1/2 of everything I know of anyway..LOL..
Old 04-05-2006, 02:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Craig
Lil Dog,

The info you posted is somewhat correct. Edge products has been purchased by the parent company of MSD, an investment group of some kind etc. The same group recenly purchased Superchips last year. MSD ignition is the main control from what I know and has been very good for Superchips. The new Flashpaq is a recent new product that was released that is a new top flight item etc. Hopefully Edge will also benefit from MSD's electrical history and their products will only become better over time etc. Time will tell but I see this as a postiive move.

Mark @ DPPI
Good news! (no, not car insurance )

Autotronic Controls (MSD) is a VERY competent company, and this can only mean good things for Edge if MSD gets their hands on them in any way...
Old 04-05-2006, 02:35 PM

AND THEY ARE BASED IN EL PASO, TEXAS! HAHAHA.....

MSD has always had a good name....i only see good things comming from this........Have you checked out MSD's propane injection system?!?! Im not really into propane....but man! That is one 'ell of a kit!
Old 04-09-2006, 01:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having known the Edge founders, personally, since the inception of the company, I can testify their extrordinary success could not have happend to nicer guys. The story of the rise of Edge is truely amazing and gives hope and inspiration to many small business' out there, struggling to get to the top.

Unfortunately, with the increase in size comes the loss of customer service, which used to be the hallmark of Edge. This started a few years back when the company made the decision to get to the business plateau where Banks is. The company was divided into profit centers with managers in charge and soon the company was taken out of control of the founders hands. I believe this is actually the second buyout of the company. The direction of the company took a big change at the involvement of outside investors. I know Taylor and Brett cringe at the thought of the company's service going down the tubes, but Edge has been out of their control for quite a while now, and they've became incredably wealthy as a result of its success.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:09 AM

EDGE lost me forever when I had my 3rd Gen,what a fiasco.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Banned

so they're in el paso, which make the tunnel how long to their manufacturing facility under th e border?

to add: Ford can have cummings, as long as they keep their grubby little blue oval off my Cummins !