Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What do you think about Alpine HUs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,

I really appreciate ALL the replies I've received from you in this regard.

Don't take any of this the wrong way, I just write what I'm thinking for the sake of discussion. I'm in the electronics field [military related], so I have some insight into this particular aspect of our trucks.

Nonetheless, if you have some experience that conflicts with what I'm writing about, I'd love to read it--as always.

What did you do about the woofers?? Other than some kind of cover, I don't really see what to do about this.

Keep all the good info coming...that's what makes forums a great thing.

--Bill
Old 10-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bill, Not at all.. I'm the same way. I like to hear a lot of input and make up my own mind.

From what I hear and have read most woofer/cone material is treated against moisture. The magnets being exposed didn't bother me as I didn't think they could fail due to moisture. After all the stock speaker were there too and they made it.
With regards to the crossover the real worry for me, was passengers who ride in my truck don't close the door like I close my door ( Don't slam the door ). I was more worried about how much jarring the crossover would take.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike, you da man!

You're right, any circuit CAN be broken...I'll just have to open up a can if anyone starts slamming on my baby.

I'm glad to read about the moisture treatment. If you recall, however, my driver's side front door factory Infinity was the motivation for all of this, and that's what sparked the woofer question.

I see you've got a '99. Please let me know if you ever have fueling concerns--I've probably been there [by FORCE].

Have a great evening,
Bill