Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What do we think of these?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 11:41 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What do we think of these?

I have been looking into gauges, mainly because I see (read about) everyone with Fuel Pressure issues and don't want to start out on the wrong foot with mods. Plus, (admit it) there cool beyond just their function
Heres the deal, I don't have a million dollars to spend on gauges, so I have been shopping for about a month now. I would like a triple A pillar set up, I guess Fuel, Pyro and Boost.
I found these onE-Bay and was wondering what you guy's thought. I am new to Diesel Upgrades, and to any mods on my truck so far, so I don't know much about gauges & their makers.
Is this a good deal? Should I be worried about tranny temps at all, or less than fuel pressure anyway??
Are these Junkers or worth it? Take a look at the link. Kinda nice to get the whole set up minus some fittings and wire at one time.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a lot of other places that advertise on this site that sell the whole setup.I would personally buy from one of them.You don't even know what brand those are.He said they are the same as bank$ gauges.I think I would prefer to get one of the big three,Autometer,Di-pricol or Isspro.They all have a good reputation and you know what you are getting.And these vendors on here will help you if you have a problem.I wouldn't expect some guy on e-bay to give much customer service.But thats just my opinion.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same as the Banks gauges....they're made by Hewitt. Not as accurate as some of the others like Isspro, DiPricol or Autometer.

Westach and SPA are about as good as they get, but they are $$$.

Just remember, you usually get what you pay for. If you're going to stay basically stock, gauges aren't as big a deal. If you plan on BOMBing, a good set of accurate gauges is cheap insurance.

Assuming you have an auto trans, a trans temp gauge is a good idea if you're going to tow 12K.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:49 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll check with some of the Vendors on this site. Thanks