Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What do I need for 600+ HP???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do I need for 600+ HP???

Ok I have been lurking here now and then for around 2 years I think. I have always been a Ford guy but I am looking to buy a 96 12V with a 5 speed tomorrow or the next day.

What I am wanting to do with this truck is use it for sled pulling and I am looking to be get into the 600hp range.

I have been reading here and on other sites and I have ready so many different suggestions and opinions on how to achieve this goal. I have read everything from head studs only will be fine to orings are required also. I have read you have to remove the pump and have it moderately modified and I have read post from people that say 600hp is achievable without removing the pump.

It is trully hard to know what to do because everyone says something different.

So here I am asking you all for help.

I am looking for the quickest cheapest way to achieve 600hp strictly for pulling that will hopefully hold together the rest of this year. Then over the winter I can dig in deeper if needed.

Can you all help me with this??
Old 08-19-2010, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my suggestion is to call schieds and talk with them about what you want and your budget should be able to set you in right direction. you need bigger del. valves, injectors. more timing, 4k gsk,heavy valve springs, bigger turbo, i would add upgrade intercooler, water injection, good head gasket and studs. should't have to take pump off, but if swapped for upgraded pump you get all upgrades at once. i would have double disk clutch your choice of flavor, billet shafts in trans. do it right and spend money on right things and should make good power and be reliable, which matters the most at the end of the day for me. my 2 cents and good luck!!