Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What to do??? Edge Juice w/ Attitude or not??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What to do??? Edge Juice w/ Attitude or not??

I am trying to decide which way to go here. I am planning on getting the truck "hooked up," but still need guages also. Should I just go with the Edge Juice w/ Attitude, which I can buy and have installed for around $1000 total, or should I get a separate set of guages, then get a performance chip??? I'm also near needing a new clutch, and will likely get a new clutch shortly before I spring for the power upgrade, but I already have that part of the equation figured out, so now I just need to figure out this side. Any opinions, one way or another??
Old 12-30-2006, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ohbowhntr
I am trying to decide which way to go here. I am planning on getting the truck "hooked up," but still need guages also. Should I just go with the Edge Juice w/ Attitude, which I can buy and have installed for around $1000 total, or should I get a separate set of guages, then get a performance chip??? I'm also near needing a new clutch, and will likely get a new clutch shortly before I spring for the power upgrade, but I already have that part of the equation figured out, so now I just need to figure out this side. Any opinions, one way or another??

the juice is a good easy option, but i think it is a VP44 killer IMHO!
it might not, but who wants to take that chance with a $1000 inj. pump?
i ve seen more pumps die from edge products than anything else JMO.
good luck
Old 12-30-2006, 11:03 PM

I like the Juice too...but I agree...its a Vp killer as far as I'm concerned
I'm keepin' mine,I like it,just aint got the tap on this VP,still good power...not like before though.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:31 AM

go for the juice i love the monitor and all the stuff it will tell you is very cool. definitly go for the clutch upgrade i am skiddish to go above level 3 with my stock clutch although it is very tempting. as far as the vp killer just keep an eye on the pressure guage what eles can you do. As long as you keep the fuel to it it should be fine right.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:04 AM

If you don't have gauges, the Juice/Attitude is the way to go. The monitoring system with the alerts is fantastic. I tapped my wire, will see how long the IP lasts. I have the campaign pusher pump and FP wont go lower than 12 psi with the box on 5x5. So far the stock clutch is holding, but I'll be installing Jammer 3's this weekend so I'm sure a SB clutch is in my future. I'm very happy with the Juice...
Old 12-31-2006, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rammandan
go for the juice i love the monitor and all the stuff it will tell you is very cool. definitly go for the clutch upgrade i am skiddish to go above level 3 with my stock clutch although it is very tempting. as far as the vp killer just keep an eye on the pressure guage what eles can you do. As long as you keep the fuel to it it should be fine right.
Well thats the conventional wisdom,but my FP was not any lower than 18psi,killed my vp anyway.
Someone abuse me for saying that!
I've been waiting!
Level 5 did not kill my stock clutch,but boy did it make some funny noises!
Old 12-31-2006, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by REF>Lancer
I like the Juice too...but I agree...its a Vp killer as far as I'm concerned
I'm keepin' mine,I like, it just aint got the tap on this VP,still good power...not like before though.
BIG RED FLAG!!!!!!

Yeah, I noticed I felt like my truck had less power when I got my "new (actually remanufactured)" black box VP, little did I know, there was a reason behind that "lack" of power, the VP was junk. The new one, a BOSCH, is a much better pump, and my truck with the FASS, K&N, and Straight Pipe exhaust feels like it has A LOT more power than my buddies STOCK '05 which is supposed to have 300hp and 600ft/# of torque. I think the stock VP44's hold these trucks back.

As far as the Edge Juice module goes, the guy I'm getting it from has over 100k on his truck with one in it, and he has a high grade SB clutch, in an '02 dually, and he pulls a D4 with it. And he's a pretty straight forward guy, selling what he has had good luck with, and refusing to sell stuff he's seem several problems with.

go for the juice i love the monitor and all the stuff it will tell you is very cool. definitly go for the clutch upgrade i am skiddish to go above level 3 with my stock clutch although it is very tempting.
Not much to worry about, unless you have lots of miles on it or you are really hard on it. I've towed over 12k with mine, through the mountainous I-77, which is probably one of the worst twisting up and down interstates in the country (and I've been in all but 4 of the states in the lower 48), and had no problems, even with my 3.55 gears.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ohbowhntr
BIG RED FLAG!!!!!!

Yeah, I noticed I felt like my truck had less power when I got my "new (actually remanufactured)" black box VP, little did I know, there was a reason behind that "lack" of power, the VP was junk. The new one, a BOSCH, is a much better pump, and my truck with the FASS, K&N, and Straight Pipe exhaust feels like it has A LOT more power than my buddies STOCK '05 which is supposed to have 300hp and 600ft/# of torque. I think the stock VP44's hold these trucks back.

As far as the Edge Juice module goes, the guy I'm getting it from has over 100k on his truck with one in it, and he has a high grade SB clutch, in an '02 dually, and he pulls a D4 with it. And he's a pretty straight forward guy, selling what he has had good luck with, and refusing to sell stuff he's seem several problems with.

Not much to worry about, unless you have lots of miles on it or you are really hard on it. I've towed over 12k with mine, through the mountainous I-77, which is probably one of the worst twisting up and down interstates in the country (and I've been in all but 4 of the states in the lower 48), and had no problems, even with my 3.55 gears.
I meant with the wire tap not tapped....lol
the injection pump is fine,this new one actually makes more power than the last one did (not tapped),but tappin the pump gives ya a VERY noticable power increase.
I just can't afford the downtime,or the $1050 again for quite some time.