Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:14 PM
BBA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do?

Ok i have a single stack right now (exhast pipe) just coming out where the stack would normally be and i dont know whether to go with a 5" or 6" stack? Its a single cab 2wd dually. So i dont want to go overkill. I have a 5" that the kid just wants $20 for so i can do that or wait and try and find a 6". What do yall think would look better? Also miter cut or what?

Next question....I want to paint my under the hood stuff but dont know how to go about doing it. OR what paint to use. Like do yall tape off the letters and then paint or what? My piping for my twins is red but io dont know if i like it. SO what color would yall think looked good? I have a white truck..Thanks in advanced.

Kevin
Old 11-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Banned

I'd go with the 5" I kind of prefer the smaller stacks, and if you decide you want a bigger one, you are only out $20.

No experience on the under hood painting.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i painted my valve cover and intake horn, i love the way it turned out it looks great still and that was about 8k miles ago.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:07 PM

heres mine i think it came out good with just some paint from the local hardware store
Attached Thumbnails What to do?-richard-009.jpg  
Old 11-06-2007, 11:30 PM

I Think Mitre Cut Stacks Are Awesome For Single Stacks Or A Flat Top With Flapper, 5" Or 6" Either Way It Is Still Cool!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:46 PM
BBA

OK when yall painted the valve cover did yall tape everything off or what? I figure you did but i also dont know if i need to prime or sand or anything else. Also on the intake horn not really sure how to go about preping it. I also really like the blue.

I ended up gettin the 5" stack from the same kid for $10 so i will go ahead and try and get it cut into a miter. How would yall go about putting the stack on? I have a 5" exhaust so should i just put a weld all the way around it or use some kind of clamps?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:56 PM

i havent done it but i assume you could just spray the whole valve cover and after its dry just block sand the top where the fins till the paints all of and just use fine sand paper to make the aluminum look nice after you sand the paint off