Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What is the difference here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the difference here?

I noticed some people say they have an edge comp drag box, and others say they have an edge comp. I assume they are the same box or am I wrong? If I am wrong what exactly is the difference between the two?

I was also wondering which of the two, the edge comp or the TST Powermax3 is better, or is there a better one than these?
Old 05-28-2004, 07:26 AM

The Edge Comp and Edge Drag are the same box but with differant programing. The drag box is made for high performance and will rev to redline with out defueling.

The Edge and TST etc... are all good boxes. Which one do you like?
Old 05-28-2004, 09:13 AM

I haven't used either one of them so I don't know which I would like better. I currently have an EZ and am happy with it but I hope to add other mods in the future such as a new clutch, injectors, and Scotty II. I was looking at the TST and was wondering which of the two would be the better choice. I want one that I can use for goofing off but still be able to tow with from time to time.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:40 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the Edge Boxes do timing as well.
And I don't think the TST PM3 does any timing.

Just throwing this out there, and please, correct my ignorance if I am wrong.

Chris
Old 05-28-2004, 09:45 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Originally posted by signature600
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the Edge Boxes do timing as well.
And I don't think the TST PM3 does any timing.
The TST box doesn't do any timing itself, however the timing map of the Cummins ECM is influenced heavily by throttle position and boost. Since the TST box fuels heavier at a given throttle position, your boost will go up, and the Cummins ECM will respond by advancing timing. Not to the levels of the Edge Comp, but the Comp times too heavily for the fuel its delivering, IMHO.

Rod
Old 05-28-2004, 10:20 AM

Re: What is the difference here?

Originally posted by calls
I noticed some people say they have an edge comp drag box, and others say they have an edge comp. I assume they are the same box or am I wrong? If I am wrong what exactly is the difference between the two?

I was also wondering which of the two, the edge comp or the TST Powermax3 is better, or is there a better one than these?
The Drag Comps I have dyno'd will eliminate upper RPM de-fueling in levels 3-5. 1 and 2 still de-fuel. I didn't see additional power, only a much flatter HP curve up top.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Push Rod
The TST box doesn't do any timing itself, however the timing map of the Cummins ECM is influenced heavily by throttle position and boost. Since the TST box fuels heavier at a given throttle position, your boost will go up, and the Cummins ECM will respond by advancing timing. Not to the levels of the Edge Comp, but the Comp times too heavily for the fuel its delivering, IMHO.

Rod
Rod, do you have any idea how much timing is increased? I understand the electronic's alter timing for a given RPM, but does anyone know what stock timing is at say 2500 rpm vs after a timing box?