Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What chip makes the most smoke?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I seen a post about a valve to drop boost that could be mounted in the cab and then you could create all the black smoke you want with a stock truck, although a pyro should be used to make sure that you don't turn your pistons into smoke. A pyro should be installed regardless...good-luck
Old 10-08-2004, 09:42 AM

Why the heck do you want to make smoke ....... nothing would make me happier than to have the power my drag comp makes with no smoke, that's the main reason I stuck with 275's as I was told they were "smokeless" injectors

most people don't think the smoke looks cool, they think your truck is broken when it pours out the black smoke.

that and it gives diesels a bad name as polluters when people see that......

oh yeah and as for making smoke I would think pretty much any of the 'big' boxes should pour out all you want, I know if I'm on 5x5 and short shift from 2nd to 3rd at about 1500 rpm and floor it I can fog out a street untill the turbo comes on (I did it once ...... wasn't really too impressed)
Old 10-08-2004, 10:25 AM

My 24V truck runs with only a haze when the boost comes up, and near smoke free daily driving. The only time I really have "traffic weaving" smoke is when I nail it at 0 boost.

Of course, it takes alot of $$ to get all the air you need to do that job.

Merrick
Old 10-08-2004, 11:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
To me, smoke is a novelty that the boy in me likes to be able to make.

But the man in me knows that smoke is

1) wasted fuel
2) a threat to the future of the diesels I love
3) immature
4) offensive to other, occasionally innocent drivers on the road

I'd love to have a 650 hp rig that didn't smoke at all..

Justin
Old 10-08-2004, 03:55 PM

Until recent years the engines put into light trucks were primarily gas powered with a comparatively small number of diesel powered trucks. Because of the small number of diesels, regulators did not bother with them. We are seeing more and more light trucks produced with diesel engines. As the pool of diesel powered light trucks grows the governments interest in controlling and monitoring them will also grow.

The more "we" go around fogging up the neighborhood, the more “concerned” citizens will notice. The result will be more complaints to the authorities. The more complaints the sooner and the stronger the political reaction will be (ie tighter restrictions on the "air pollution" and the stricter the enforcement of those rules.) Keep it up and sooner rather than latter we will all be in for the “annual" smog check.