Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What about this wheel tire combo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the ratings of each? Between Weld and Eagle? They both look really good. I'm pretty sure the Welds are forged, can't say the same about the Eagles. It'd be like putting load range "C" tires on your truck and loading it to the gills.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:40 PM
GSP

How about these ugly things UUGGHH!!!

These are the only Eagles I like.

Cant stand the looks of the rest UUGGLYYY!!! Guess Im just a old fart !
Old 08-18-2006, 07:56 PM

Hate to see people comparing any wheels to Welds because Welds are the most overpriced pieces of junk made. I had them on my truck and two of them cracked down the center where the weld is that holds them together, Weld would not warranty them and my friend on a powerjoke just broke his second wheel center out on a Weld forged wheel last week and guess what, no warranty! Stay away from the expensive Weld forged wheels, they suck! Eric
Old 08-18-2006, 08:56 PM

I'm not going to go with the Weld Velocitis. They are just too expensive. I can't justify spending > $2000 on rims alone.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mglass1045
What are the ratings of each? Between Weld and Eagle? They both look really good. I'm pretty sure the Welds are forged, can't say the same about the Eagles. It'd be like putting load range "C" tires on your truck and loading it to the gills.
This was my issue on the recent tire/wheel upgrade. I LOVE Weld wheels, very light for the strength. Never had a problem in three sets, so I guess I was lucky! 3200 lb rating, so that was fine.
Latest set is a cast wheel, but it is rated 3400 lbs. Go figure! WAY heavier than the Welds, but $150 instead of $400 for 17's and the offset is MUCh more acceptable. Weld only offers negative offsets, which is great for Chev and old Fords, but they stick out like giant cottage cheese thighs on the Dodges. UGLY to me. My wheels came with a +10, and the 18x9.5 Eagles offer a +22 in the 114 series.
To each his (or her) own
Old 08-19-2006, 10:56 AM

How far further out will these tires stick out than stock?
Old 08-19-2006, 02:22 PM
RJF

Originally Posted by ellerman
Hate to see people comparing any wheels to Welds because Welds are the most overpriced pieces of junk made. I had them on my truck and two of them cracked down the center where the weld is that holds them together, Weld would not warranty them and my friend on a powerjoke just broke his second wheel center out on a Weld forged wheel last week and guess what, no warranty! Stay away from the expensive Weld forged wheels, they suck! Eric
Just because you had some bad luck doesn't automatically mean they make a poor product. i have a set of 16.5x14" scorpio V's on 35x16 boggers and have beat the living crap out of them without issue. Does this mean they are the best wheel ever just because I had good luck with them? No, I'm one person....a dot on the map...
Old 08-19-2006, 02:45 PM

RJF, I'm sorry you have a problem with negative comments on things you seem to like. My point on Weld wheels is they are known to have breakage problems and Weld does not warranty what they sell. My case and my friends case are not the only Weld failures I know of, just the two I mentioned. Why pay more for wheels that suck?
Old 08-19-2006, 03:15 PM
RJF

Originally Posted by ellerman
RJF, I'm sorry you have a problem with negative comments on things you seem to like. My point on Weld wheels is they are known to have breakage problems and Weld does not warranty what they sell. My case and my friends case are not the only Weld failures I know of, just the two I mentioned. Why pay more for wheels that suck?
I don't care what anyone else thinks of products I choose. If I was so concerned of what you thought of Weld I would be asking for your permission to purchase.

My point was to point out how you think your opinion matters so much on a product when it really doesn't. Like I said, just because you think they make a bad product doesn't mean they do. You are a small dot on a very large map of Weld customers, and that means that one person's opinion doesn't add up to much. Does it matter that I like Weld? Nope, I'm a small dot and nothing changes weather or not I like or dislike a product. That was my point.

The world's people are not going to boycott a product because Ellerman doesn't like them.... I don't like Eagle, but do you think Eagle themselves or nearly any of their customers care? Nope.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:46 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by RJF
eagle added a beadlock ring to that wheel to make it look like Weld's rock crusher line.

i also agree the eagle in that post looks much better than the weld,it all comes down to what you can afford,if you can afford to pay twice as much for a name or maybe some engraving fine buy em,if not get a copy and be happy you saved some cash and they look just as good
Old 08-19-2006, 09:51 PM
RJF

Originally Posted by duallydave
i also agree the eagle in that post looks much better than the weld,it all comes down to what you can afford,if you can afford to pay twice as much for a name or maybe some engraving fine buy em,if not get a copy and be happy you saved some cash and they look just as good
The eagle version isn't forged, it's cast IIRC. And, pictures are pictures. have a look at them up close in person.
Here's my other truck that has 16.5x14 Scorpios on it. A big selling point for me was also the bullet caps, they look so smooth by covering the lugnuts and all with no cheesy emblems or etched in markings on the caps.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:09 PM

You guys do know weld is filing for bankruptcy right?

I also have heard too many stories about cracked rims to even consider them and option. Especially for the price!!

They do make a nice looking product and certainly worth being copied by other manufactures so I think I'll save my pennies for bombin' instead of
expensive rims.

Oh.. my vote is for the rims in the first post. Those darn good lookin' rims. 35's on 18's
Old 08-19-2006, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sea Bass
Oh.. my vote is for the rims in the first post. Those darn good lookin' rims. 35's on 18's
No, No. 35s on 17s.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:46 PM

Are you sure??

18's would look pretty good.

I have 17's on mine actually and I'm pretty happy with them. I didn't think it would make a difference going up 1" in rim size but you can tell. Also.. I believe 18" tires are quite a bit more money.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sea Bass
Are you sure??

18's would look pretty good.

I have 17's on mine actually and I'm pretty happy with them. I didn't think it would make a difference going up 1" in rim size but you can tell. Also.. I believe 18" tires are quite a bit more money.
You maybe right. Those 18x9.5 might be a better fit. They have more backpacing.

Quick Reply: What about this wheel tire combo?