Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What 4inch exhaust do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What 4inch exhaust do you have?

What exhaust are you running? How was it for installation? Is it actaully a bolt in deal like most state? How do you like the sound? And there's always the price thing too. I'm looking for something that will be a complete kit from the turbo all the way to tailpipe that's aluminized. Would like it to have a powerful sound but not to loud. Just enough to let everyone know that it has some power. Sound clips would be cool too. Thanks Chris
Old 09-13-2003, 03:16 PM

Re:What 4inch exhaust do you have?

I'm runnin Banks stainless to the back of the cab [ took the rest off to put my stacks on.]
But when it was The 4 in. all the way it sounded great.
Mine is straight allthe way no muffler.
I like my 5 in. stacks better. ;D

: Eddie : 8)
Old 09-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Banned

I'm running the HOG PERFORMANCE stainless steel 4" turbo back system. It was very, very easy to install, everything fit perfectly, the pieces fit together nice, and it came standard with ss band clamps. The whole kit was ss, every nut,washer, everything. Sounds nice, I choise the quiet muffler, they offer three choices, and the whole system was polished like a mirror. I believe it's the best system, at the best price.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:06 PM

Allied 4" Turbo Back
Old 09-13-2003, 06:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

4" Jardine Racing with Magna flow muffler. I like the sound better without the muffler on.

Mike
Old 09-13-2003, 10:41 PM

summit racing's 4" turbo back - took about an hour to install
Old 09-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

BigExhaust.com. Mine was mostly bolt-on, had to reuse the factory hangers (just hacked the sections of pipe they were on out with a sawzall and clamped 'em on the new system with muffler clamps) and cut about 2 inches out of the center pipe. Better that than too short, though. Mine is straight piped with a turndown tip, I love the sound. I'll ride around with the windows down in 90 degree weather just to listen to it, but then I'm probably not right in the head .
$385 after shipping as I recall.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:48 PM

turbo lcc, I was hoping that someone had the summit system. $299 is a good price. So the turbo back is from the turbo to the tailpipe right? How does it sound? Do you have any pics of it installed? I would like to see how the tailpipe looks. Thanks Chris
Old 09-13-2003, 11:24 PM

Complete system including Allied mufler from Rip Rook at Source Automotive. Bolt in with no problems, followed his instructions which said to cut 2" off back side of rear axle hump if wanted for higher tailpipe.

I like the sound and am often asked about it. NO drone in the cab which was a must.....for the wife .

Old 09-14-2003, 11:07 AM

I mean I like the sound better with muffler off, but it was too loud in the cab when the pipe ends just before the space where the muffler goes.

Mike
Old 09-14-2003, 11:09 AM

Thank for the replys. I was looking at a kit from Heath Diesel and it comes with the pryo fitting already there. Is this that important? How hard is this to do later with a different exhaust already on the truck?
Old 09-14-2003, 01:08 PM

It is very simple. here is a pic of mine.

Mike
Old 09-14-2003, 01:29 PM

Thanks Marine, I had thought that it would be best to be as close to the turbo as possible. So I'm assuming that you just drill a hole and tap? Thanks
Old 09-14-2003, 01:47 PM

man, I wish I had the money that you guys spring on your exhaust! I went to the scrap pile behind the barn and grabed a 12 foot section of 4 inch galvinized auger pipe and buoght some flex pipe to go over the axle into my 5 inch chrome elbow-tip{wich was an old chrome elbow of a wrecked pete!} and made my own reducers and hangers.cost was about 30 bucks for flex pipe and band clamps! and it sounds awsome! and there is no drone or different sound to the pipe. it might be just a hair thinner then exhaust pipe but hell of alot cheaper! ;D ;D Now the next thing that will happen is the old lady will finally let me put my 5'' stacks in and i can start the fun all over again. I love doing exhaust work! this is the 4th change of exhaust on this truck and I haven't even owned it a full year yet! thank god I do all my own work!!! :P here is what the stacks will look like!
Old 09-14-2003, 02:22 PM

Do yourself a favor and check with Rip before you decide on a system. http://www.protintnw.com/sa_dodge-exh.htm

I have his system and it's awesome. Great sound and fit.

Quick Reply: What 4inch exhaust do you have?