Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Well it's not invincible

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Well I talked to my mom and she's gonna loan me what I lack to get it built. Now the bad news, my tranny guy is going in for back surgery on monday and will be down for 2-3 weeks so I've gotta wait that long before it can get built. So it looks like the TST is coming off, smarty is going to boost fooling only, and I get to run around on injectors for 3 weeks. I tried playing with it this morning on the way to work and it won't hold anything over half throttle with the TST on. I wonder if changing the tranny fluid caused it to go out? Hmmm. Yup. I blame the fluid. See kids, proof that neglecting your truck does pay off.

Let me talk to mom and see if I can talk her out of it.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck. She doesn't want her baby to be driving an unreliable vehicle.

Justin, your truck is gonna be a beast once you get that turbo on there. Your gonna really like it. But I think I'll still be slightly ahead of ya.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:07 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Justin, your truck is gonna be a beast once you get that turbo on there. Your gonna really like it. But I think I'll still be slightly ahead of ya.
I don't doubt it. I'll have to ditch these tiny injectors, then find a way to control the engine temps while towing with something larger. Then I just have to convince my HO pump to flow a little more...

Then I'll just find myself right past this turbo. LOL
Old 09-30-2006, 05:28 PM

stock tc til 135,000 no shudder maybe a little slipping though
Old 09-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Banned

Justin I'm already well beyond this turbo. Heck I was well beyond it with the 100hp injectors. Oh well. Guess twins are my next thing.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:12 AM

Justin I'm already well beyond this turbo. Heck I was well beyond it with the 100hp injectors. Oh well. Guess twins are my next thing.
Really? looking to unload that turbo?? Would be a step up from my Hy
Old 10-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Banned

I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna use this turbo in a twins setup or go with the BD's and sell this one. One way or another it'll be next summer before I do anything with it. Gotta get the head done first.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:46 AM

I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna use this turbo in a twins setup or go with the BD's and sell this one. One way or another it'll be next summer before I do anything with it. Gotta get the head done first.
Hmmm might set a stash aside just incase.....
Old 10-04-2006, 11:37 PM
The Guru

Hey, I have to brag, but I'm pumped up. I dropped my pan and saw a totally clean filter. This is after 40k on the tranny. I thought the filter would be filled of clutch material. Any that know me knows that I actually drive my truck. I tried to burn off my old tires just cause I needed new ones. I've done a few 25psi boost launchs and felt a couple really hard clunks during a few shifts. Everything is holding together, just my intercooler boots wont stay on during the 65-70psi blasts. I've pulled lots of 50psi pulls on the way home from work. I hate traffic.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Banned

Sweet. Still not as cool as doing 430+ on a stock auto though.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:08 PM
The Guru

Blue, in three weeks your gonna have the biggest smile and wonder why you didn't buy a DTT sooner. Its going to be like night and day difference. This is coming from a guy that had a BD tranny and converter. My current set-up is so much better than old one. I have no idea how a stock tranny would even shift. I drove a new 07 today. I was supprised how good the shift was but the converter wasn't that good.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

I know. You have no idea how slow time is passing right now. It all depends on how well my builder's back heals up and how quick. 3 weeks is tentative. Surgery didn't go as well as planned so it may be longer.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:07 PM

Nah, not if you go with the BD twins. You're head will be fine with them and the stock wastegate setting. I haven't moved my wastegate. I did decide to put studs in just in case, but BD claims no headwork is necessary at stock wastegate settings (50psi)......not that it is a bad idea. I'm going to do my head but I want to run nitrous and I'll adjust the wastegate at that point some.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:37 AM
Banned

That's one of the reason's I'm leaning towards the BD's. Studs are getting done this winter regardless of which way I go.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Blue, Scott from Mass Diesel is coming down for the DHRA event. Make the call, have him build one this week and bring it with him. You guys could swap it in the parking lot!!

He's leaving on Wednesday, 1950 miles 1 way. Look for the gray CTD all lettered up.

Quick Reply: Well it's not invincible