Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Well it's not invincible

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Well I talked to my mom and she's gonna loan me what I lack to get it built. Now the bad news, my tranny guy is going in for back surgery on monday and will be down for 2-3 weeks so I've gotta wait that long before it can get built. So it looks like the TST is coming off, smarty is going to boost fooling only, and I get to run around on injectors for 3 weeks. I tried playing with it this morning on the way to work and it won't hold anything over half throttle with the TST on. I wonder if changing the tranny fluid caused it to go out? Hmmm. Yup. I blame the fluid. See kids, proof that neglecting your truck does pay off.
Ask your mom if she'll loan me some money for a new torque converter and valve body too. I'll wash her car and mow her lawn every week until I pay it off
Old 09-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ptgarcia
Ask your mom if she'll loan me some money for a new torque converter and valve body too. I'll wash her car and mow her lawn every week until I pay it off
That's a pretty long weekly commute for a few tranny parts.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex
That's a pretty long weekly commute for a few tranny parts.

I've alway wanted to see Texas...
Old 09-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ptgarcia
I've alway wanted to see Texas...
Just remember that when you get to El Paso, your half way to Houston.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:58 PM

I'll wash dishes for a month if she'll buy me a tranny for my 12V!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:09 PM
The Guru

Blue, I wouldn't be for any long trips any time soon. My bet is that your OD is toast. Mine did the jerking thing then just died. It did that about 70mph, so it almost put my face into the windshield. It chipped the tires. When PDR pulled apart the tranny it was a big mess. I hate giving back good cores.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:57 PM

I need some tires blue, see if your mom will let me hold a few dollars.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Banned

Mike, as much as I would like to not take trips, I do a 100 mile round trip commute 3 days a week to class, then my tranny guy is in dallas which is 4 hours from here, my mom's b-day is next weekend so I'm going home for that, then that next weekend I'm going down to baytown for the DHRA event. Hopefully after the DHRA event I'll be able to get it built but it depends on his back cause that next week I'm going back home for dad's b-day. It really couldn't have gone out at a worse time. That's why I'm unplugging the TST and removing it from the truck (I lack self control), putting the smarty on only fuel/boost/timing and mailing it home (once again that self control thing), and I'm just gonna putz around on the injectors only. There's nothing else I can do. I've got to travel this month.

Yall didn't read what I said about my mom and the money. I said she LOANED me the money, not gave it to me. Meaning that she wants it back when I get it.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:18 PM

I said hold some money .
Old 09-28-2006, 04:19 PM

Blue make shure to get us some picts of this tranny when you get it out. Should be pretty interesting.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Banned

Man you sure have put a beating on that thing!!!! Ahhh oh well, soon enough you'll never have to worry again!!

~Nick
Old 09-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Banned

hey blue since you cant use the TST wanna loan it to me for a few weeks until my drag comp comes back from edge again LOL

im going to a big hot rod cruise weekend at the beach next weekend and im gonna be on injectors only...which means no beating up on the ricers
Old 09-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Banned

***** I'm gonna try and get some pics of the inside. I'm gonna see if I can't keep some of the clutches or something to moutn on my wall.

Gotlift01, I have beat the ever living tar out of this thing. The other day I was doing 4psi power brakes and still spinning the back tires for about 10ft. I can't wait to get the new one in and see what it'll do.

getblown5.9, sorry bud but the TST is not moving. Besides, if I sent it to ya I'd have to send ya my over head console and that just ain't gonna happen. I know how it feels though to run on injectors only. The DHRA thing in baytown is the weekend before I'm building the tranny and I won't even be able to dyno. Well, maybe.

It's amazing how much happier the tranny is when it doesn't have 450hp going through it. The shifts are firmer, the rpm's actually drop a little. It's a decent running tranny. On the other hand though the truck is a dog, I struggle to build 10psi of boost where before I could just barely touch the throttle (I miss my smarty ). Oh well. I'm sending the deposit for the tranny off tomorrow and as soon as my tranny builder gets to feeling better I'm the first on his list to do so we shall see.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:44 AM

You're well past changing the fuild.. haha.. But we used to change fuild for some guys that drove them hard, and would really over heat them.. (Not Dodge's) It seemed like very soon after the fuild change they would never hold... Was once told that the new fuild had more lubrisity than the old fuild... Not sure it was the truth.. but it makes sense.
Run it till she dies...
Guess this means no Dyno runs in Houston...
Bryan
Old 09-29-2006, 07:11 AM
Banned

Nah. I actually just changed the fluid in it earlier this week hoping that some new fluid might help save it. Guess I was wrong. I could see how old fluid wouldn't have the lubricity the new stuff has.

Bryan, I've come this far on this tranny, I think it's got one more dyno run in it.

Quick Reply: Well it's not invincible