Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Well, the Adrenaline is not going to be able to turn 4K.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the Adrenaline is not going to be able to turn 4K.

Pfffffffffffffffft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

April Fools!

Many, Many Thanks to Justin Price! All you guys wanting the 4K stuff need to send him gift cards for steak dinners or something! he was a trooper as we beat on his truck ALL day long!

There is some good news and some not as good news but, no bad news.

The boxes in the field are NOT 4K capable as is. They need a very minor change (literally less than 1 minute) that has to be done at our facility. Once you go 4K it will always be a 4K box as the tuning will be totally seperate. the Pulse is even different.

While we have it working and are confident about the function there is a lot of tuning to be done. We will be sending these out to many of our beta testers in the meantime to work on that.

So I would say in the next several weeks there will be big strides made on this.

A couple of notes about the videos. We know there are some spots where the engine sounds rough, that is normal and it is a LOT smoother than the Redline box. We had a Redline that we tested side by side.

The Roughness (machine gun sound) you here in the 4K In Neutral video is self imposed. Its a long story but, that is our own rev limiter, much like you would hear in a gasser. We can actually rev to 4225 or so but, doing so causes bad weirdness in the ECM and causes major surging up and down from about 4200-3500-4200 and so on. The Redline does this and it sucks so we made our own limiter to hold you at an rpm. Notice how smooth and steady the RPMS are in and around the limiter. People with the Redline box can attest to you how smooth this is compared to the Redline.

The box is not tuned as well as the regular box yet. With custom tuning and our tuning it will be there shortly. You can hear a few rough spots in the 2nd-4th gear pulls but, it does pull nice and hard, just needs to be tweaked. It needs more fuel below 3250 and less fuel above 3500 in my opinion.

Thanks to everyone that has helped and hung with me on this. I told you it would happen and I wouldn't stop until it did.

Stay tuned for more details!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:04 AM

That is awesome to hear, great work Quad and a huge thanks to Justin and Jamie!

I will be home on the 6th and will gladly help you do some more testing.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Its a long story but, that is our own rev limiter, much like you would hear in a gasser. We can actually rev to 4225 or so but, doing so causes bad weirdness in the ECM and causes major surging up and down from about 4200-3500-4200 and so on.
Have anything to do with the lift pump shutting off at 4200, or do you have it wired on a switched source?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:40 AM

Glad to hear we are going to have something finally!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:20 AM

That is sweet, Man i can wait to get an adrenaline for my truck!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:22 AM

When and what would we have to buy to get the 4k adrenaline, or will that just be a tune we can download?
Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigd450
That is awesome to hear, great work Quad and a huge thanks to Justin and Jamie!

I will be home on the 6th and will gladly help you do some more testing.
Thank Justin, he did all of the work. I just started the fire.

Trending Topics

Old 04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
The Guru

I see that you had a check engine light on, what codes came up? Neat to see a VP enigne spinning up there. Really need an aftermarket camshaft for the engine to real come to life and valve springs for the engine with weaker valves springs.