Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Well.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well.....

Looks like another PE pump is getting ready to bite the dust. Ever since I put the lift on, it has been blowing fuses. Don't ask me why. I don't know. So I cut the fuse out and everything has been fine until today. It did the same thing it did when I had the fuse in. It would start up and run fine and then die about 2 minutes later. I turned the truck off and turned it back on and it's been holding pressure for about 15 minutes at idle now. I've ordered a Holley Blue and I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. I'm starting to wonder if it's a relay. I've got 2 30 amp relays being triggered off of the factory lift pump relay. I guess I'll have to test that when I get back from school (if I can even make it to school). Why couldn't I have stayed stock?
Old 10-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Well.....

Originally posted by BigBlue
Looks like another PE pump is getting ready to bite the dust. Ever since I put the lift on, it has been blowing fuses. Don't ask me why. I don't know.
I'm sure you checked the obvious,
stretched, pinched, cut or frayed wiring.

Anything that might have been bumped while putting the lift on.

Maybe the pump needs to be closer to the ground to work.

phox
Old 10-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Banned

I've checked all the wiring. Everything is good. I want to run something buy yall first.

Before the lift, everything was running great. After the lift, and I mean immediately after the lift, the pump started to blow the fuse. I cut the fuse out and it's been alright till today. During the lift, I would run the radio for 12 hours straight. It ran like that for 3 days in a row. No starting what so ever.

My truck sat around all day sunday without even having a door opened. I get in it today, fire it up, pump turns on, then after 5 minutes, it dies again. I turn the truck off, restart it, and it's been running fine ever since. I've got 2, 30amp relays running this puppy and it's triggered off of the stock lift pump wire.

If the truck only sits for 12 hours or so, it's no problem. But after 24 hours, it seems to be a problem. Any ideas yall? I've got the holley blue coming in tomorrow and I'm gonna keep it around just in case this thing decides to take a dump.

Thanks for the help yall.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:30 AM

I had one that did that, too. I finally sent it back to PE when it started blowing 25A fuses. I got it back and it didn't blow fuses anymore, but it was REALLY loud, and it only lasted about 2 months before it locked up. Dad has had his Holley Red / Stock LP combo on for 10 months now with no issues. I've had the blue / stock on mine with no issues for about 7 months now, too. Good luck to ya!!

John
Old 10-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Banned

Well, it's running fine for now. I've got the blue sitting in the back seat waiting to go on. I'm getting really tired of this.