Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Weird engine cutout...TST might be culprit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird engine cutout...TST might be culprit?

Well when I go to WOT I notice that the motor cut's out momentarilly, and then goes back to normal. And once In a while I notice with my TST Comp on that it will involintarily floor it, I will be driving along and all the sudden it will just give it fuel for about a second and go back to normal. So whats up with all this weird stuff???? The engine only does the cutout when I really give her the fuel...Any ideas?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:07 PM

by cutout, are you referring to the notorious pump shudder you get when running a TST Competition??
Old 03-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Banned

What exactly do you mean by that? Mine has never exhibited any of those symptoms. What level is this on?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by caleb c.
Well when I go to WOT I notice that the motor cut's out momentarilly, and then goes back to normal. And once In a while I notice with my TST Comp on that it will involintarily floor it, I will be driving along and all the sudden it will just give it fuel for about a second and go back to normal. So whats up with all this weird stuff???? The engine only does the cutout when I really give her the fuel...Any ideas?
Sounds like the TST might be the culprit of the shudder or cutout and the Smarty on the involutary flooring it.......I thought Marko had corrected that, but maybe you have an older program? It was more like after accelerating, it wouldn't stop accelerating for another moment or two. He issued a new program to correct that though. Just a though.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:36 PM

No it's not the TST Comp shudder....it does that too, but this is like the motor is getting the fuel cut to it or something. And if I really romp on it at WOT and keep it there for a few seconds it sounds terrible....Like it's not getting fuel. I have plenty of fuel pressure, maybe I should check for IP codes?
Old 03-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by caleb c.
do you have a fass pump or something similar? Ive seen an 02 cutout with the tst/ez stack with 275 injectors would cutout pretty bad at high rpm.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:15 PM

Well Im running a Holley Blue with my factory LP and have it regulated to 20 psi. So I think I have plenty of fuel pressure.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine did the same with the stock turbo in would shudder really hard in the rpm range like there was to much fuel and got a wierd detonation or something.