Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Weak FASS or bad gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weak FASS or bad gauge?

Hey everyone, Okay so I had my 95/95 FASS installed the other day, and finally got the connections I needed to hook my gauge back up for my edge. The truck runs better, I'm seeing more boost, but after hooking the gauge back up I see that it shows 12lbs at idle at drops to 9 WOT. I was under the impression that a FASS 95 will put out about 16lbs pressure at idle?

I guess my question is, is it more likely that the FASS just isn't putting out the pressure or that my edge gauge is off? I'll try to get another gauge to check it with, but I'm not sure when I can...
Old 06-22-2008, 09:37 PM

If you can check your pressure with a mechanical gauge at the VP44. In almost every case of this, it has been an isolator issue. But since you are running the JA, that isn't the problem.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:55 PM

Have you checked your fuel filter lately?

~Rob
Old 06-22-2008, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by MSquare
If you can check your pressure with a mechanical gauge at the VP44. In almost every case of this, it has been an isolator issue. But since you are running the JA, that isn't the problem.
I spliced a tee into my line about 4 or so inches back from vp44 for my gauge. From what I gather thats what a lot of people do and have no problems with doing it that way. I'm trying to round up a mechanical gauge to make sure but I'm pretty sure my edge is showing accurate otherwise the pressure would have shown extremely low before the fass instead of close to the same?
Old 06-22-2008, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by hotdram
Have you checked your fuel filter lately?

~Rob
I know filters can lower your FP, but the FASS is about 4 days old. I'd sure hope that filter they say should be good for over 30k doesn't need replaced after 200 miles!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:14 AM

That is about normal pressure for a 95 Series FASS. About 12-13 PSI.

If you contact your dealer....we are currently working on a spring that will bring it up to about 15 PSI or so....I can get one out to you....
Old 06-23-2008, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
That is about normal pressure for a 95 Series FASS. About 12-13 PSI.

If you contact your dealer....we are currently working on a spring that will bring it up to about 15 PSI or so....I can get one out to you....
Really? Wow I had always heard of it being more than that. Thats pretty close to stock lift pump numbers. Granted being closer to the tank should help this one with longevity though. If I changed the spring, would I keep my warranty?

I originally wanted the 150 series for pressure and filter availability but the dealer I got this from talked me into the 95. It's just that dropping down to 9lbs right now kinda worries me since thats unloaded and I have plans for a little bigger injectors (not much bigger) in the future.

BTW, I'm not sure contacting my dealer would do much good. Poor kid is only early 20's and doesn't seem into diesels much. He fought this install. 9 hours worth of waiting. Granted my bed isn't stock and I had to weld the bracket on and hooking up the return line took some "engineering". I had to show him where to hook the line to the IP and he still made a couple phone calls first. Plus he gave me the direct tech line number so I could deal with any problems and he wouldn't have to.

Trending Topics

Old 06-23-2008, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tray
Really? Wow I had always heard of it being more than that. Thats pretty close to stock lift pump numbers. Granted being closer to the tank should help this one with longevity though. If I changed the spring, would I keep my warranty?

I originally wanted the 150 series for pressure and filter availability but the dealer I got this from talked me into the 95. It's just that dropping down to 9lbs right now kinda worries me since thats unloaded and I have plans for a little bigger injectors (not much bigger) in the future.

BTW, I'm not sure contacting my dealer would do much good. Poor kid is only early 20's and doesn't seem into diesels much. He fought this install. 9 hours worth of waiting. Granted my bed isn't stock and I had to weld the bracket on and hooking up the return line took some "engineering". I had to show him where to hook the line to the IP and he still made a couple phone calls first. Plus he gave me the direct tech line number so I could deal with any problems and he wouldn't have to.

WONDERFUL! Not really the type of dealer we like to see support our product.....

Look for a PM from me....
Old 06-23-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
WONDERFUL! Not really the type of dealer we like to see support our product.....

Look for a PM from me....
Lol They will be fine. There's always a learning curve to everything, and I don't think they even got a chance to get a few basic installs down before I came in with my non stocker. Besides, there's not many choices at all within a couple hours of me.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:28 PM

Im getting 15 out of mine, but the shop that put mine in put the straw in the wrong spot... now when I go down hills with less than 3/4 tank the pressure drops and the truck dies good luck
Old 06-27-2008, 06:38 AM

Get it fixed!! Low pressure and fuel volume will burn up your VP44!!
I thought I'd aced it with my draw straw install but below 1/4 tank I get loss of pressure on hills; but I usually keep the tank at no less than 1/2.
I'm getting 15 & 14lbs (with Vulcan's gauge at the vp44) with the Westech and sensor on top of the filter a few lbs lower. The electronic gauge seems more sensitive with a spread of 3lbs the Vulcan 's a 2 lb spread.
This with a 95hpfp.