Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

wats needed to instal gauges

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wats needed to instal gauges

ok im plannin on buyin a gauge package from vulcan performance. its got boost, pyro, and fuel press. im wonderin wat kind of tools il need.. its mechanical fuel press. gauge.. have heard i need a isolator or a needle valve so i dont burn up my fuel press. gauge.. i need advice on wat to do with that or which one to get or do i need one.. any help is appreciated. thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 02:07 AM

Only tools I can think of are your normal wrenches (Metric and SAE), side cutters (for zip ties), utility knife to cut the nylon hosing and the rubber grommet in the firewall. And also electrical tools if you plan on wiring in the lights.

Personally I would run a needle valve instead of the Isolator. Isolator will probably fail and give you false readings after awhile, where as the needle valve will last, JMO.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:23 AM

With regards to our gauge kits as mentioned, you'll get all the parts needed including a basic wiring kit for the lighting.

The mechanical fuel gauge kit comes with an isolator and is not the pancake design others sell. This is a proprietary design that has proven VERY durable with failures number LESS than a dozen. We incorporate our own snubber design into the kit as well and all the fuel line used to the isolator is bio and veggie oil compatible as well as diesel of course.

The only thing you'll need to do is tap a hole in the exhaust manifold and thread in the pyro bung. The rest is wiring and tubing and is an easy job. The boost gauge will come with a boost bolt as well. So, a drill, tap and a few basic hand tools. Or buy your buddy his favorite frosty beverage and use his.

We appreciate your interest in Vulcan Performance products!

Dave
Old 01-12-2009, 06:27 AM

thanks alot. cant wait to get em put in