Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Want list- What order should I get them in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Want list- What order should I get them in?

I have a want list that I can't get all at once. It is possible that there may be a month or two between upgrades. If I buy them one at a time, what order should I get them in? Also some of the items on the list I don't know what exactly to get. Some suggestions would be helpful there.

I know my first thing to get is a transmission upgrade. I am going with either DTT or Goerrend.
The next this is going to be a TST VP44 Pump Cover and TST Powermax3 to replace the Banks Big Hoss box that came on the truck when I bought it.
I am woundering what to next after this.

The truck is used as a daily driver and very rarely is used for towing. I am mainly looking for power and not smoke.

1- Vulcan Draw Straw (I may get this even befor the Transmission)
2- Turbonetics (Spearco) Intercooler (Possibly the BD Cool-It Intercooler if out in time)
3- Upgraded Intercooler Boots
4- ARP Stud Kit
5- High Tech Turbo HTB2 62-12 or 64-12 (Could use some help on this choice)
6- Formula 1 HELIX Two Camshaft
7- Upgraded Valve Spring Kit
8- Formula 1 Mach 3 or 4 (or do I need to go bigger with everythin else I am getting)
9- Water Meth Injection (not sure exactly which one to get here)
10- Fass 150ghp (I already have the 95ghp, with everything above, will I need to upgrade to the 150ghp)
11- Any other suggestions (Probably not going to upgrade to Nitrous, Propane or Twins at this time. These would be way down the road if at all.)

Tell me what you think?
Old 02-05-2007, 01:22 AM

I can tell you the fun way, but it might not be the smart way

Injectors and turbo first then studs and springs, well that's my plan anyways.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:31 AM

I'd do the FASS first, then start with what Ph4tty said. Should go well with the PM3.

Whoops, noticed you have the 95 already, I think you'd be fine with that.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:24 AM

You are goin about this in totally the wrong way. Make a trip to your local store and pick up some refreshments first. I always do my best thinking with a case of my faves sittin close. After that i would say Fass too.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:38 AM

Women always tell me i only hear what i want and i have vey selective hearing at that. This mite be a case of selective reading. I need to revise my previous post in that i didnt see you already had the 95 FASS. That should be good for around 650hp or more. I would do the turbo. You have got to be runnin awful toasty with what you've got now. I would also do the studs at the same time to try and save your head gasket for as long as possible. You mite want to just consider o-ringin her now and savin the trouble later.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by 98 12v
Women always tell me i only hear what i want and i have vey selective hearing at that. This mite be a case of selective reading. I need to revise my previous post in that i didnt see you already had the 95 FASS. That should be good for around 650hp or more. I would do the turbo. You have got to be runnin awful toasty with what you've got now. I would also do the studs at the same time to try and save your head gasket for as long as possible. You mite want to just consider o-ringin her now and savin the trouble later.
Actually the pyro guage only gets up to about 550 on the freeway.
I have yet to see it get to 1000 even on hard throttle.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:16 PM

ONLY 550?!?!? sounds like you have it mounted POST turbo or something is wrong. if you do in fact have it post turbo, get it mounted PRE turbo!!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by pgilles
ONLY 550?!?!? sounds like you have it mounted POST turbo or something is wrong. if you do in fact have it post turbo, get it mounted PRE turbo!!!!
I just ran out and checked it out. Sure enough, its post turbo.
I had my local mechanic install it. I told them that I wanted it install in the exhaust manifold. Hell its an ATS manifold, pre drilled for the probe.
Now I have to take it back and make them move it.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:18 PM

Frusterating isnt it. You should be able to do it yourself. Just move the plug from your manifold to your elbow and your done. Provided you have the right thermo sensor. From what i saw on some guages they make the post turbo sensors longer.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by giant870
I have a want list that I can't get all at once. It is possible that there may be a month or two between upgrades. If I buy them one at a time, what order should I get them in? Also some of the items on the list I don't know what exactly to get. Some suggestions would be helpful there.

I know my first thing to get is a transmission upgrade. I am going with either DTT or Goerrend.
The next this is going to be a TST VP44 Pump Cover and TST Powermax3 to replace the Banks Big Hoss box that came on the truck when I bought it.
I am woundering what to next after this.

The truck is used as a daily driver and very rarely is used for towing. I am mainly looking for power and not smoke.

1- Vulcan Draw Straw (I may get this even befor the Transmission)
2- Turbonetics (Spearco) Intercooler (Possibly the BD Cool-It Intercooler if out in time)
3- Upgraded Intercooler Boots
4- ARP Stud Kit
5- High Tech Turbo HTB2 62-12 or 64-12 (Could use some help on this choice)
6- Formula 1 HELIX Two Camshaft
7- Upgraded Valve Spring Kit
8- Formula 1 Mach 3 or 4 (or do I need to go bigger with everythin else I am getting)
9- Water Meth Injection (not sure exactly which one to get here)
10- Fass 150ghp (I already have the 95ghp, with everything above, will I need to upgrade to the 150ghp)
11- Any other suggestions (Probably not going to upgrade to Nitrous, Propane or Twins at this time. These would be way down the road if at all.)

Tell me what you think?
Put that FASS 150 GPH money twards something else.....that 95 GPH will run everything on your list.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:31 AM

I think the tranny will need some beefing up if your goin that far and dont have anything done to it yet. If its stock id put that on the very top of the list before you pump out any more power.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 PM

If your gonna get the spearco intercooler; you should buy your turbo from turbonetics as well. its a ballbearing unit thats spoolup time is 35% faster then one with full floater bearings and is said to be 50 times stronger in the thrust area
here is a link to it

http://www.torque-master.com/system.php/dodge/