Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Want absouletly the loudest exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the bullydog downpipe which is 5 inch and it goes into the 6 inch stacks.. and it is loud but i like it better then when it was 3 inch cut off at the end of the down pipe... with the twin turbo's it not nearly as loud as the 3inch single turbo setup but man does it sound good with it idling... and then again you dont have that annoying droawning noise driving at high speeds.....ive gone to truck stops and had truckers complament me saying that its the best sounding pair of stacks they ever heard... my favorite part is when you loud it under a load and get on it WOT.... man oh man does that sound not make every head on the street turn looking at you... then again i have had people ***** at me for them being to loud but hey its my truck not theres.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:51 AM

Hmm since you cant go out the hood, run a stack like a snorkel, I think its legal as long as it exits above the cab, would be way loud too!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:12 PM

If you want LOUD, try this first and see what you think. You don't have too far to go from where you're at already. Stay with your stock 3", remove the tailpipe, remove the muffler, and leave the resonator right where it is to kill the drone at high speed. This will leave the exit on the pipe just behind the cab/bed break on the passenger side. You will probably have to rig up a hangar to add some support at the back end of the resonator. Straight out from the resonator will bounce off of the rear axle and all under your truck like an amplifier, so that EVERY INCH of real estate around you, NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST, will hear you and turn their heads to see who's goin by. I know cause mine lasted about 1 week like that before I couldn't take it anymore. Not to mention, you get stares at every stop no matter whether you want them or not. When it's so loud you can't think inside the cab and people are shakin their heads when you pass them on the street, you know your truck is loud. On top of that, at take-off, the sound is similar to that of a semi at the shift points. Turbo whistle, with a fully stock airbox/filter is louder with that setup than with a better flowing airbox and full pipe. I miss the sound of my truck cruising through town sounding like a jet turbine, but I DON'T miss the drone that sounded like 1,000,000 honey bees blasting through a bullhorn at 70mph. And, if that doesn't work, you could always bore a 5" hole in the floorboard and run a 5" pipe down under the passenger seat and exit through the rear of the cab into the bed. A hard tonneau cover would seal the deal
Old 11-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Banned

if you had the resonator on there, it wasn't that loud, I promise you, it was just loud inside the cab because it was resonating so bad beneath you.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ue a 7 inch holesaw, and cut straight back off your turbo into your cab. then use a 90 bend to run a 6 inch pipe from the turbo to the driver's seat. position it at ear level, then you have a 6 inch straight pipe 5 feet long. it's as simple as that. you shouldn't wish in absolutes, because you will never get what.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:02 AM

Do it yourself, with a 5" straight pipe angled to the passenger rear tire have a turn down tip on the end no muffler or resinator. All the materials you need can be found at the big truck store. Easy to do and will be loud and sound good at the same time. Older brother has two 89' both set up this way and you can here him for probably 2 miles when hammering on it. jm.02worth
Old 11-27-2006, 04:33 AM
Muted User

Heck If I may add my thoughts here after reading pretty much everything (and posting way back on page 2), I must say there are some great ideas here. I really laughed at the 'ear level in cab straight pipe'. As for my opinion, I really like the sound of my buddies '01 with 4" turbo back straight pipe. I cannot honestly say I have heard a 5" or 6" straight pipe. Though I did see an awesome 3rd gen one day around here that had 6" turbo back, was so awesome a sight I had to look under the truck .

As far as my truck goes, I really want to get either a side exit (on current setup), 4" turbo back, or stack(s). It is already loud enough to get looks from anyone who hears it, and I am sure my neighbors arent too fond of it.

Then again, I live in a predominantly powerjoke neighborhood, and one guy who give me an akward look when I drive by has the crappiest sounding exhaust on his 7.3. I smile when he drive by my house, just knowing my exhaust sounds superior