Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

walboro, fass, rasp?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
walboro, fass, rasp?

which one would be the better deal? glacier diesel power has a kit coming out for vp trucks very soon, as i was told. but i am not sure if i want the fass, walboro, or rasp? walboro is the cheapest kit followed by the fass and then rasp. i like the idea of the rasp pump very much. although alot of people have the fass and are pleased, yet i have heard of people having problems with it. i think alot more people are using the fass though. the walboro seems to be very popular here and although it hasn't been tested long i think it might do well. what are somethings that i as well as others need to know about these pumps? who is running what are what are your fuel pressure readings and feelings about the pumps?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had decided on the RASP but recently there is discussion of the Mitusa. It is very similar to the RASP and is somewhat less expensive but probably does not have as much time in trucks. The only downside I have been able to find about RASP is price.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:07 PM

Well remember the HPFP is less expensive than the FASS. This is a better compairson when put up with the Walbro kits and such. The FASS has some more options that drive the price up somewhat. People just seem to lump the HPFP in with the FASS....... ......but you have many solid options to choose from.......we are just one option.........
Old 05-04-2006, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Dan
Well remember the HPFP is less expensive than the FASS.
So what is a HPFP? EDIT- I followed the link in your sig- you're talking about the Fass II right?
Old 05-05-2006, 09:02 AM

Yup...its the stand alone pump thats called the FASS II or Baby FASS....haha..... If i say FASS II around here, i will get a weird look.....haha....
Old 05-05-2006, 11:08 AM

A cam from F1 Diesel with a mechanical pump wouldn't be a bad idea. Once you get that mod done, you can forget about fuel problems. That's probaly what I'll do down the road. It's worth considering especially with the other pricey options you are looking at.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:24 PM

Well boys,I have run the Walbro for over 5000 miles, have the regulator set at 19 psi when idle, at 60 MPH runs at at 17 PSI,if i tramp on it, it momentaraly goes to 14 PSI then right back to 17 PSI, steady as a rock,cant hear the pump operate, this Walbro will put out close to 100 PSI so even if at some time it would get weak it has a lot of reserve PSI before it would ever get to total output of 15 PSI. Unlike the OEM LP which only can at the best of times put out 15 PSI,as soon as it gets a little time on it it drops down and theres nothing you can do about it.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dodge Demon
Well boys,I have run the Walbro for over 5000 miles, have the regulator set at 19 psi when idle, at 60 MPH runs at at 17 PSI,if i tramp on it, it momentaraly goes to 14 PSI then right back to 17 PSI, steady as a rock,cant hear the pump operate, this Walbro will put out close to 100 PSI so even if at some time it would get weak it has a lot of reserve PSI before it would ever get to total output of 15 PSI. Unlike the OEM LP which only can at the best of times put out 15 PSI,as soon as it gets a little time on it it drops down and theres nothing you can do about it.
Curiuos which regulator you used and how you plumbed it in. I've seen some installations where the pressure readings see no drop.