Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Vulcan Relocation Kit & New transfer pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vulcan Relocation Kit & New transfer pump

My 1999 CTD was stalling on start up last week when it was cold, however, it seems fine now. However, I have decided that I am going to replace the transfer pump anyway - just to be safe. This is my around the farm work truck and it only gets about 5K a year in mileage now so it take me some time to rack up significant mileage and I don't want to spend $800 on this thing.

I know that Geno's sells the Vulcan Relocation kit for about $50 - which does not seem to bad. I think this installs pretty easy from what I understand. I was then going to put a new transfer pump back there and hopefully this will solve the issue.

What is good source for a transfer pump that will fit on the Vulcan Relocation Kit? I think Diesel Dynamics makes one but they are like $150 are there other sources for pumps that are good?

Also, I feel stupid asking this but I keep seeing post about campain pumps that can be gotten from the Cummins dealer (I have only locally) for about $65. Apparently these fit school buses. Will these fit on the Vulcan Relocation Kit or would I need to modify stuff? If so what is the part number that I would need?

Is there any other complications from using one of these on my 1999 dodge with the Vulcan Relocation kit; e.g. will I have to change out other parts to get this to work right?

Thanks for the assistance. This is a great site.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:16 AM

I just put the walbro 392 with relocation kit from www.wideopendiesel.com in my 99. It made a world of diffrence, the truck fires rigth up. He has the best prices that i have found. good luck
Old 02-26-2007, 12:31 AM

The campain pump is a replacement for the stock lift pump and will work with the Vulcan kit.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:40 AM

I had a couple of campain pumps that didn't perform well out of the box. I got tired of the hassle and installed a Walbro kit. Depending on the kit the only thing you would have to do to really clean it up is to get rid of the banjo's from the filter to the ip.