Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Vulcan Draw Straw instal ques.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vulcan Draw Straw instal ques.

Just got a fass system today, and already have the draw straw, I just need to install it all. My question is, does anyone have any pics of them installing the draw straw in the tank module? The directions that came with it have pics, but I can hardly make out anything in them...kinda like when you make a copy of a copy, of a copy Any suggestions?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:28 PM

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98...tallation.html

Here you go buddy!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:22 PM

started installing my draw straw tonight and had one question. was getting ready to drill my hole in the bottom of the module for the straw to go thru into the screen, and I'm not sure which one to drill out. The instructions tell you the small hole which I thought ment the one the orig. pick up tube went to, but the pics in the link up above show the bigger hole being drilled out. Is this right? Does that cause any problems since the hole is offset to the oposite side from where the pickup tube comes down from the top? I just wanna make sure I get this right. Don't really feel like having to drop the tank more than once On a side note, I found that using a zip tie to hold the tabs in on the fuel supply and return line locks works great, they came right off with out a problem.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:25 PM

oh, and just outta curiousity, how does that screen on the bottom hold fuel in when the level gets pretty low? I'm assuming this is what dodge uses as a "baffle" to keep the pick up tube in fuel. Wouldn't the fuel just run back out the screen when the fuel level is really low and say your sitting at a stop sign on a pretty good hill?