Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

VP44 Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunir
How about the FASS system...that's supposed to work well with the trucks equipped with vp44?

Is the Edge Comp similar to the Edge juice w/attitude? What is the 'SO' pump and EDM injectors (if it's a brand where do you get those)...

newbie here; lookin for some advice on making more reliable, fuel efficient, and only mild power improvments for daily driven truck
FASS are nice and there's also MITUSA mechanical lift pumps to, real reliable. A good low pressure fuel system on these vp44 trucks is a must for vp44 longivety

An SO is a "Standard Output Pump" what comes on the truck from the factory, just an OEM pump. But they also have HO pumps which came on the High Output 6spd trucks. But they are not good for hp when modifying a truck.

EDM's are "Electrical Discharge Machine" injectors that are a higher quality than Exrude Hone injectors, and are found at F-1 diesel, DDP, and some other brands
Old 08-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The trick to getting the LP's & VP's to lasting longer is to get rid of those small fuel lines from the LP to the VP. It is like comparing --a marble going tru a straw and a water hose. That pump may can build enough pressure to push that marble thru that straw, but why make it work so hard, when it doesn't have to? Since changing my fuel lines to 1/2 lines all the way into the vp44, several years ago, I have had ove 3 years of trouble free fuel problems up until a few weeks ago, when my LP went out. It had probably 200 K miles on it, as does the VP. I also have a constant 12 volts running my LP instead of the variable system the ECM runs it with. I just tapped into an ignition hot wire, to give it full voltage all the time. I think this helped it too.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:07 AM

Who is DonM and what does he do & how to get a hold of him; website? phone? Does he take a set of RV275's and EDM them? Does that make them perform better, how much and is it worth the cost...? Or is it good enough to go straight RV275's for a daily driven truck loking at good mpg's and relaible mild power gains only...
Old 08-30-2007, 11:22 AM

Don M Is owner of www.f1diesel.com He makes Injectors, Cams, Springs you will not be able to get ahold of him as he has vendors you must deal through. as he could not be on the phone all day with customers if he gave his number out. His injectors are EDM (Electronic Discharge Machined) and the tips are made from blank tips.

Vendors:
www.sourceautomotive.biz
www.trediesel.com
www.powerbypoole.com
www.smartypower.com
www.performancedieselwarehouse.com
www.midatlanticdiesel.com

Brett
Old 08-30-2007, 12:02 PM

pump

I would like to add a little something on top of what has been said... I have a 02 now with a HPVP and 100hp injectors/ redline box... I like the HRVP because I can turn the box off and still have the power there. And then when Im pullin the sled I can turn on the box for the RPM'SSS... The only reason I got the HRVP because I got a good deal on it.. I wasnt going to spend 1800 on one.... I have also heard good things on the Bluechip VP pumps. My 2cents
Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 PM

Ahh F1 Deisel....alright, I talked to Rip over at source about injectors when the time comes...thinking maybe a M1, M1.2, or M1.6, we'll see when I cross that bridge

Is there any advantage (in say durability or longevity) of the HRVP44 over the Standard VP44 besides the power gains? I'm not interested in the power gains nearly as much as I am in keeping the VP cool and having it last. I was thinking that with the standard VP + big lines (say 3/8") from the FASS to the VP would keep the unit cool enough to prevent failing, no? If not would even larger lines help, or would the HRVP unit help over the standard VP, assuming the lines are the same in each condition.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sunir
Ahh F1 Deisel....alright, I talked to Rip over at source about injectors when the time comes...thinking maybe a M1, M1.2, or M1.6, we'll see when I cross that bridge

Is there any advantage (in say durability or longevity) of the HRVP44 over the Standard VP44 besides the power gains? I'm not interested in the power gains nearly as much as I am in keeping the VP cool and having it last. I was thinking that with the standard VP + big lines (say 3/8") from the FASS to the VP would keep the unit cool enough to prevent failing, no? If not would even larger lines help, or would the HRVP unit help over the standard VP, assuming the lines are the same in each condition.
Stick with the SO pump for reliability, and with a good fuel system 3/8 / 1/2 lines to the pump it should last. Keep the money from the HRVP44 and put towards some nice Mach Sticks