Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

VP 44 doing some funny things?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question VP 44 doing some funny things?

my dad has an 01 3500 5spd. Truck had a new pump under warranty at 30k. Recently upgraded lift pumps and added a superchip at about 85,000. Ran the super on performance. Ran good but made some funny injector noise clatter. Couple days ago was driving the truck and it started cutting out or going good and then act like you took your foot off the pedal but didn't even move it; so plugged it in and did a diagnostic check. came out injection pump timing faliure . hooked on to a 24ft flatbed with a case backhoe and pulled it home. ran okay as long as you kept moving the go peadal around. Next day drove it and ran just fine. today also ran fine. anyone have any ideas. if it does it again i'm assuming that it will need a new pump is this correct? or can you get a new circut board or however it keeps its timing. and if a new pump is required where is the place to get them from. nothing wild something that will hold up to a superchip or maybe a little more. thanks alot for any help.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont want to be the bearer of bad new but the injection pump is going.the symptoms hes refering to is called dead pedal,its one of the first signs of a new pump,it may last a year like that or a day,mines doing it now and has been for a few months,im waiting for a used one at my local wrecker yard.