Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Vaught diesel/performance shop in Missouri?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vaught diesel/performance shop in Missouri?

Anybody ever hear of them? They are building a shop here in Erie Pa, and I'm wondering about their reputation.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:20 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Racer9
Anybody ever hear of them? They are building a shop here in Erie Pa, and I'm wondering about their reputation.

Run like yer tail is on fire from that place.
Don~
Old 12-29-2005, 06:10 PM

I saw they had a twin setup on ebay awhile back. It looked well put together and a solid design. They had no price on the ad, so I sent them an email asking them what turbos they used and the price. I never got anything back at all.
Maybe they're just busy, but you've got to take notice to what Don has mentioned already.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:53 PM

Experience, good or bad, I would like more than "run away". Tell me, why I should run away.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:56 PM

one

two

I know nothing about the guy or his business, but you asked for more information, here it is. Don M is not the only person who thinks not-so-highly of the person in question. I use these forums to learn, I learned a lot from these two threads above.

Flame on, brutha!
Old 12-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Guys, make your statements in a manner that doesn't get them removed

If you fly off the handle, nobody will get the value of your infinate wisdom because it will be removed or edited
Old 12-29-2005, 09:06 PM

Very rarely will you see me agree w/ DonM but I lived in Missouri before the frozen tundra and have heard nothing but bad about Shaun Vaught. He has changed his name on e-bay and did not have very good feedback before that.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:18 PM

Red face

This is for those who read my earlier post,
I have never even heard of shaun vaught. or vaught diesel performance but i just dont agree with the way some peaple run other businesses into the ground---and not give any proof or reason why.

further more i do not think that we should post our negative opinions without giving some sort of proof to back it up and even then should be careful what we say.

thier just out there trying to make a living like the rest of us.

Thanks
Jake
Old 12-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Jake, that sounds like pretty sound advice....

Thanks for making a better second effort
Old 12-29-2005, 09:36 PM

Where in Missouri are they located??
Old 12-29-2005, 10:12 PM

I'm seriously interested in their reputation, not in trying to start a war. But, just commenting negatively without giving reasons for the comment says more to me about the commentor than the commentee, especially when the commentor is a competitor of the commentee, (too many big words, getting headache, must use smaller words ). So, really guys, I've never heard of them, until now, and was thrilled to have a diesel performance shop opening locally, so I just wanted to find out more about them.
J-Land, I couldn't open the links (not a member there), can you paste the info here, or e-mail it to me. I too learn from these forums, thats why I posted the question, so I won't flame ya' , I'm not into that anyway.
I try to keep all my posts civil, throw in some humor now and then, and respect everyone elses opinion, even if they're wrong .
Old 12-29-2005, 11:41 PM

Here ya go Racer9.

Missouri Shyster Moves to Pennsylvania

Posted from the tdr:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the scoop, back in June I paid a guy from Jeff City Mo for an ATS ceramic coated exhaust manifold, I know, should have got the part first, I'm too trusting. He shafted me, won't return my calls or emails. He moved to PA, so if you have a guy that moved there from Jeff City Mo, do work on your truck or you buy parts from him, get the parts or work done before you hand him any money. If you need more info PM me and I'll give you his name.
And another one-________________
This is my first time posting,but I couldn,t resist this one .Mr Vaught almost got me about a year ago too!.I bought a turbo off Ebay from him (I know not to smart).I sent full payment next day.Six months later only after recieving a letter from US postal service did he decide to actually send it.I talked to him several times on the phone ,and he was the nicest guy you would ever want to talk to,but he finally decided to quit answering the phone and wouldn,t return any calls.Anyway to who,m it may concern BUYER BEWARE when it comes to Mr Vaught!

My advice to you is go by there and talk to Sean. See what you think. Bring this stuff to his attention and see what he says. Everyone gets busy but not responding is inexcusable. I personally have never bought anything from Vaught. But I did have a friend who bought a 4k gsk from him. It looked like no spring kit I had ever seen before. Looked like a bunch of springs from Fleet Farm or something.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:38 AM

Now thats what I was looking for in a response, an opinion, and the reason behind it. Thank you.
So, now I'm wondering if he's taking my city for a ride. He's claiming to open this shop with 250 employees, using a shutdown paper mill property, and working through Erie Management Group. This guy sounds like he might try a major ripoff, if he can get away with it. The city is desperate for someone to use that property for something, that may be playing into his hands. I'm sure he's getting big tax breaks, etc. Time will tell, and I'll let you all know what happens.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:25 AM

250 employees. I don't know that Piers has that many guyz. I know that Scheids has quite a few employees but they have two shops in two states and work on trucks tractors motorhomes etc. Thats a pretty monster shop.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Racer9
Now thats what I was looking for in a response, an opinion, and the reason behind it. Thank you.
So, now I'm wondering if he's taking my city for a ride. He's claiming to open this shop with 250 employees, using a shutdown paper mill property, and working through Erie Management Group. This guy sounds like he might try a major ripoff, if he can get away with it. The city is desperate for someone to use that property for something, that may be playing into his hands. I'm sure he's getting big tax breaks, etc. Time will tell, and I'll let you all know what happens.
EveR find anything else out
???