Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

valve body

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
valve body

Where can I get a good valve body for my tranny? I am wanting to put some injectors in my 2001 but I know the tranny will not like it. I already have an edge ez on it. I know big blue is kind of close to me in college station and I was just wondering where I could get it installed and price wise. I need to double check but I think it is the 48RE. Thanks for any input.

Justin
Old 10-19-2006, 04:09 PM

Your tranny is a 47re. There are several options for valve bodies. Ive got a complete Goerend Bros. tranny and i love it. His website it www.gbtransmissions.com I think Big Blue was running a DTT valve body and i know it worked really well for him. If you can afford it, upgrading the Torque Converter will really make a difference as well. As far as installing the valve body, its really not that hard, can just be kind of messy since you have to drop the tranny pan to get to it.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:09 PM

I've had good luck with HTS. Install can be done yourself in an afternoon. And the 01's have a 47re. www.htstransmissions.com

Randy
Old 10-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Banned

Yup. I'm running a DTT valvebody and I'm beyond impressed with it. If I woulda kept my foot out of it and learned self control I fully believe that my tranny would still be in good shape. But, it's not so oh well. Time for a rebuild. I had Chris at Relentless Diesel install mine but getting ahold of him now is like trying to call Santa from a pay phone. I'm taking it up to James Northum in Midlothian to have my tranny built once his back heels up. It's not hard to install but I don't feel comfortable playing with my tranny so I'm gonna let the pros do it. I highly recommend calling up Stefan at DTT and talking to him. Also, if you want James number shoot me a pm and I'll give it to ya.