Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

ups and downs to buying injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ups and downs to buying injectors?

im pretty new to this diesel hp game and was wondering the pluses and minuses to buying injector nozzles over completes besides for price what is the difference with performance, reliability, install? and help is always apperciated
Old 02-14-2006, 06:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The up side, of course is price. The down side is the injectors may not fire correctly because the pop-off pressures are different with the new nozzles, and they may not be matched. The other down side is warranty. If there is something wrong with the pop-off pressures and the engine runs rough, or there is some other problem, the vendor will not warranty the rest of the body because they did not supply it. I'm not saying it won't work, but you can open yourself up to problems.

Chris
Old 02-14-2006, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And if you bought the truck used, make sure you know what injectors are in it BEFORE you put new ones in.

I bought some new injectors, and when I put them in, the truck was slower / had less power. Come to find out, the injectors that were in it, were rated higher than the ones I bought and installed. The PO told me they were stock, but he didn't buy it new either.

It can make for a costly boo-boo.

Spend money on new injectors, AND step backwards in power.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
diggity dodge,

The guys are right there can be pitfalls! But if you get something like the EDGE Jammers, have them professionally assembeld and POP tested 99.9% of the time you're gonna be fine. We sell tons of them and have next to no returns so that tells you something.

Martk @ DPPI