Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Two More Smarty Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two More Smarty Questions

ok short and sweet...

1) does SW 1 fuel saver actually work?
2) the turnbuckle wastegate mod. does it still work with the smarty as it did with the ez?
Old 01-08-2007, 04:24 PM

1. Yes- some have reported 2-3 mpg gain
2. Yes
Old 01-08-2007, 05:03 PM

cool, i hope i can get that mpg gain, i drive quite a bit daily and if that's the case, i'll leave it on sw 1 when i have that drive.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ridiculous
cool, i hope i can get that mpg gain, i drive quite a bit daily and if that's the case, i'll leave it on sw 1 when i have that drive.
if my tranny was slipping like yours, i would run sw#1 all the time.
its less aggressive and easy on the tranny shifting wise JMO. sw#5-9 are all to aggressive for a slipping tranny.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:16 PM

Talking

i think the mpg gains are very diferent to which mods you have and how the smarty reacts to your truck,i never seen any gain on fuel saver mode but i did see at least 2 mpgs on#9.i think fuel saver has some extra fueling with the timing that defeats the "saver mode"i would like to see a agresive timing with no added fuel mode for a true fuel saver.all the softwares in the smarty have the overboost,fuel cutoff deleted so you may see some benifit to getting a turnbuckle or disabling the wastegate all togwether,i disabled mine and i can get her to well over 30 without the comp,with the comp i can peg my 40psi gauge.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by dieselfan
if my tranny was slipping like yours, i would run sw#1 all the time.
its less aggressive and easy on the tranny shifting wise JMO. sw#5-9 are all to aggressive for a slipping tranny.
ya i hear ya on that! i think i'm gonna end up doing that cause i don't wanna smoke my trans too early. not really a good time for that right now, ya know what i mean? so i asked in another thread but i didn't get an answer yet but it was, does DTT etc. finance trannys, or would i have to take a loan out? anyone know?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:44 PM

ya i hear ya on that! i think i'm gonna end up doing that cause i don't wanna smoke my trans too early. not really a good time for that right now, ya know what i mean? so i asked in another thread but i didn't get an answer yet but it was, does DTT etc. finance trannys, or would i have to take a loan out? anyone know?
im not sure, but i doubt it. just give them a call, i ve talked to stefan(DTT), dave (georend bros.), and dusty(HTS) ALL of them were super nice and took the time to explain stuff to me.

Trending Topics

Old 01-08-2007, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by duallydave
i think the mpg gains are very diferent to which mods you have and how the smarty reacts to your truck,i never seen any gain on fuel saver mode but i did see at least 2 mpgs on#9.i think fuel saver has some extra fueling with the timing that defeats the "saver mode"i would like to see a agresive timing with no added fuel mode for a true fuel saver.all the softwares in the smarty have the overboost,fuel cutoff deleted so you may see some benifit to getting a turnbuckle or disabling the wastegate all togwether,i disabled mine and i can get her to well over 30 without the comp,with the comp i can peg my 40psi gauge.

duallydave, i think your right about the mpg gain with #9 over #1.
after a few more tanks i will post my mpg calculations over the last few months. even though i use more boost accelerating on the higher levels, i still think im getting better on sw#5 over sw#1. i guess only my calculations will tell.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by dieselfan
duallydave, i think your right about the mpg gain with #9 over #1.
after a few more tanks i will post my mpg calculations over the last few months. even though i use more boost accelerating on the higher levels, i still think im getting better on sw#5 over sw#1. i guess only my calculations will tell.
ya deffinately let us know, that'll be interesting, plus it'll save me the time of calculating it
Old 01-08-2007, 10:30 PM

My best milage has been on sw9. If I get 1/2 mpg better going to sw1 its not worth it to me =P Sw1 would still smoke my stock clutch though. I've yet to try sw0
Old 01-08-2007, 10:41 PM

I'm waiting on my gear right now......I hope to pull better mileage. actually I'm going to like the tire height adjustment to correct my computer better......so I can get an accurate mileage #
Old 01-09-2007, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by DEMON
I'm waiting on my gear right now......I hope to pull better mileage. actually I'm going to like the tire height adjustment to correct my computer better......so I can get an accurate mileage #
funny you say that about the tire height. if i were you i wouldn't get too excited about all that unless you have a gps as well. the reason i say this is because, right in the manual with the smarty, it says that they've tested the ABS adjustment on their own trucks and they've found it not to be very accurate so they recommend to check it with a GPS as well to double check.

and i'm just curious on how the SW1 will compare to my EZ i had in mileage gains. should be interesting. lots of playing around you can do with this thing.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
..right in the manual with the smarty, it says that they've tested the ABS adjustment on their own trucks and they've found it not to be very accurate so they recommend to check it with a GPS as well to double check.
Just to avoid any confusion...The ABS adjustment will work, once you find the right setting. It may not be the same setting as your tire height, but once you ck it with a GPS, it will be consistant and accurate.
My speedo is accurate for my 35's when set on 34.25"!

RJ
Old 01-09-2007, 12:22 PM

and to avoid further confusion....when I said correct my computer I'm talking about the ECM for speedo and odo correction not an overhead computer.....I don't have an overhead computer. My truck is base model, manual everything. except cruise.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by rjohnson
Just to avoid any confusion...The ABS adjustment will work, once you find the right setting. It may not be the same setting as your tire height, but once you ck it with a GPS, it will be consistant and accurate.
My speedo is accurate for my 35's when set on 34.25"!

RJ
you've gotta point...sorry bout that...i just wanted to sound smart

Quick Reply: Two More Smarty Questions