Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

twins ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twins ??

How much fuel would I need to run the BD twins for proper operation?
Just for towing.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just read a post the other day that said they towed well, on a 12v, at 350 hp! Will see if I can find it.
On my 24v, with everything turned off except Smarty & injectors (400 hp) they spool well and get 41 psi boost.

RJ
Old 09-26-2006, 01:36 PM

I ran them at 328hp on my old 95...towed up to 35K gross.

With 4.10 gears, you'll be fine either way. Are you planning on injectors or anything else??

Chris
Old 09-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

Yeah I am thinking about upgrading my injectors. which ones would work the best? Thanks for the replies.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by signature600
I ran them at 328hp on my old 95...towed up to 35K gross.

With 4.10 gears, you'll be fine either way. Are you planning on injectors or anything else??

Chris
Whats ur thought for these twins with my setup?

just curious, cause the 3K tag seems pretty nice... what boost, and hp can i get? thanks in advance guys!

Rick
Old 09-27-2006, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by TxDiesel007
what boost, and hp can i get? thanks in advance guys! Rick
Rick, I picked up 56 hp on the dyno....over a big single turbo... on my 24v.
12v's.... ?

RJ
Old 09-27-2006, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by TxDiesel007

just curious, cause the 3K tag seems pretty nice... what boost, and hp can i get? thanks in advance guys!

Rick
For towing on a 12v, they are NICE (keep it below 400 towing heavy)!!! For playing, they run out of steam on the top end. I would say you could push them to 70psi...but on a 12v I would really add a cam and some headwork to help out! You'll end up about the same price as a set of Custom twins, and should have one good running setup!

Besides, if the big S300 isn't enough, you can do some modding on the pipes to make a S400 fit in there

I really need a tranny...all this talk about twins has me chompin' at the bit to get mine built!! Gotta save that money for the tranny for now though

Chris
Chris
Old 09-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Banned

I know what you mean chris. I could sell this kwickspool, and have enough for the twins which I oh so desperately need (can hit 1400* before 3rd gear) but then I would never get my tranny. Decisions decisions.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:19 AM

Sell the KS?? Aren't you using that as you're top charger??

Chris
Old 09-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

I ain't decided. I'm still up in the air. After seeing how well they perform on RJ's truck I want them bad. For what it would cost to get a b-2 and the piping from olee poole and assemble it and tweak with it and what not I could buy the entire BD kit and then sell my KSB-1 to recoup some of the cost. I'm gonna have to sit down one of these days and be very honest with myself as to how high I want to go over 600hp. I know I want 650hp minimum but how high I go over that I'm not sure. I'm gonna run mach 6's so I need a set of twins that can support it. I dunno. First I gotta worry about this flipping auto. My boss drove the truck the other day and even he was like, "Yeah, first and second don't do anything at all."
Old 09-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I ain't decided. I'm still up in the air. After seeing how well they perform on RJ's truck I want them bad. For what it would cost to get a b-2 and the piping from olee poole and assemble it and tweak with it and what not I could buy the entire BD kit and then sell my KSB-1 to recoup some of the cost. I'm gonna have to sit down one of these days and be very honest with myself as to how high I want to go over 600hp. I know I want 650hp minimum but how high I go over that I'm not sure. I'm gonna run mach 6's so I need a set of twins that can support it. I dunno. First I gotta worry about this flipping auto. My boss drove the truck the other day and even he was like, "Yeah, first and second don't do anything at all."
I'm thinking you aren't going to believe how much power you currently have after you get you trans done and can put that power to the ground. I'd do the foundation first if I were you. I wonder what percentage of your power you are losing in your transmission when accelerating before lock up?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
You could give their new set a shot

Chris
Old 09-27-2006, 02:10 PM

I always figured that's what BB will do. The timing will probably be perfect.... they will be on the market about the time his wallet recovers from the DTT

If they are just a bigger version of what BD has now, with no less lag, they will be sweeeeeeeet!

RJ
Old 09-27-2006, 02:30 PM

You can't have the same lag AND more airflow...unless, XXXXX

Sorry, I'll try and find out the sure answer when I get mine built!
Chris
Old 09-27-2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by signature600
You can't have the same lag AND more airflow. Chris
I remember when most members with twins.... and everyone that never had them.... said "twins will always spool slower than the same top turbo as a single" My SOP meter, BB's, and others say that my BD twins spool like an HX-35!

So who's to say BD can't work their magic again. I'm not expecting it to happen either, but.....?

The only way I can see to do it is get the primary turbo spinning well at idle. That appears to be what BD did on my twins! How.... No idea ???

RJ

Quick Reply: twins ??