Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

turning the oil section of a turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turning the oil section of a turbo

How do you turn just the section of the turbo that the oil travels? if I am not mistaken it has to be straight up and down right?
when you flip the manifold for twins you have to turn it so the oil drains at the bottom again for the small turbo, and the big turbo I need to turn too. do I just loosten the big band clamp on the big turbo, spin the compressor section, then tighten it back up? then unbolt the compressor housing and put it back where it was before?

am I going to mess up any alignment by doing this stuff?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:20 PM

Both housings can be placed infinately 360° by loosening the bolts or vband clamp on the housing. You'll want the oil inlet as vertical with the outlet as your design allows. (I think within 15° of vertical should be fine).

brandon.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:08 AM

We call it clocking the turbo , every turbo we install has to be clocked to the engine, and vertical is the correct position. every OEM has a different position for the outlet of the impeller and not feasible to manufacturer turbo's for each OEM , also different exhaust manifolds for that engine.