Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Turbo's

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo's

I am planning on buying and building a 96-97 Dodge Diesel, manual, 4X4. I am new at Diesel upgrading, but am a mechanic so I learn quickly. ( hehe just threw that in there so you dont think im a lawnchair weekend truckwasher or something) I am looking to attain 400+, Is it possible to upgrade the trucks current turbo, or should I buy something like a "AUR-2-D-KIT-94-02 Aurora 2000 Turbo Kit,?" Also ... is there some secret diesel preformance bible out there I havent seen yet? (comeon you can tell me ... please? hehe) Anyone able to get me a good view of their buildsheet? I am looking to do this right the first time and any good advice for stuff i can research for the build would be greatly appreicated. I like to research and ask others advice before spending 3k on a worthless upgrade. ANy advice and starting out info would be great ... since I know none of you are going to try and pursaude me to buy a toyota or something like that ... lol.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:20 PM

I would say to keep your EGT's in check you might want to upgrade your turbo. Talk to Van, Curt, or Patty Haisley at Haisley Machine 877-948-3164. The only thing they do is Cummins and they are awsome to work with.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:40 PM

A turbo upgrade is nice to keep egt's in check, but you can modify your stock turbo, like i did with different exhaust housings and compressor housing. Right now I just put in the 60mm compressor wheel kit, and have a 14cm exhaust housing. If you get a 96 or 97 manual then it will have the 215hp pump which can get you to 400hp fairly easy. I am in the high 300's with the fuel plate full forward and the turbo upgrades plus 16.5* timing.

But, almost everyone will tell you the first thing to do is install gauges.
Good luck, Tim

As of the secret diesel mod bible, you just found it! the dtr
Old 11-16-2005, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dangousity
... is there some secret diesel preformance bible out there I havent seen yet? (comeon you can tell me ... please? hehe).....
Welcome to the site.
This is it! Your reading it. Do searches and read all you have time for on this site.
I read every thread on here for 3 months before I bgt one mod! Paid off in saved time and money!

I agree with above....start with gauges....and an upgraded Clutch (Southbend). Not glamorous, but smart.

RJ