Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

turbo upgrade??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo upgrade??????

hey guys, i have a buddy who has a BD super B single hes willing to part with. Im considering buying it IF itll make a decent difference in my truck. my current set up mainly for power is a hot unlock edge comp, 5" pipe, fass fuel system, air intake etc.

He said he would sell me the turbo (2 yrs old) with the downpipe for 350-400 bucks plus the trade of my turbo. The front casing of the turbo says schwitzer or something? Not sure how much bigger the 62 is vs my trucks stock hx35 or how much more power itll add. he said it has a smaller exhaust housing for faster spool up??? Its currently on a truck with a quad arenaline - but its not turned up because itll toast his clutch.

So basically, what im wondering is for the price stated, would an upgrade from my stock turbo to that one be worth that price AND will it make a noticable difference in the performance of my truck. If so, what kind of performance gains will i see with the addition of this turbo?

Lastly, will i need head studs to roll with this turbo or not.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will be be an upgrade for sure. That price i would jump. Edge should make plenty of fuel. The hx 56 or 58. This Supper B should wake your truck up alot.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:35 PM

so since i know im doing a turbo i decided to go ahead and buy a set of injectors. I got 7x0.011 injectors, or better known as "150" injectors, meaning they add approx 150 hp depending on supporting mods. anyway i got my 150 injectors in and basically, HOLY FU*K! can i say TORQUE!, SMOKE!, and HOTTTTT! when i had edge drag comp on 5x5 and i got into 3rd gear, i ran it WOT through 3rd and grabbed 4th, looked at pyro and read 1500 deg. FU****K! turned edge WAYYYY down and now its way more manageable, however, i can still get 1300 or 1400 deg out of her when i get on it.

but i just washed it tonight so im gonna really baby it for a while, im not a big fan of everything behind my tip from bed body line down and fender well to the bumper BLACK.

Anyway, overall the injectors are actually a really clean injector. when i have edge turned all the way up and i drive with a very decent minded right foot it smokes very little if at all, more like a haze not a cloud. Also found out the new injectors create a lope when i let the clutch out and sounds somewhat like a puller, just not a big or radical of a lope.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:13 PM

Location: Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada (just outside Edmonton)
Like Dieselfreak stated, jump on that turbo. If it is a Super B Single, I believe it is an S300 with a 59mm inducer. It will definitely make a difference with the performance of the truck. That is what I was running before the compound upgrade. I only had 75hp sticks and edge hot unlock, and had high EGTs. This turbo may not be big enough to clean up the smoke and keep EGTs down with your edge cranked up. That's a lot of injector for that turbo. You could put that one in for now (price is great) and upgrade to compounds later or look at maybe a 64 or 66 inducer turbo. And you shouldn't need studs or O-rings with those turbos, as long as boost is below 45psi. Just my opinion.