Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Turbo Temp Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Temp Monitor

All right this is my first post so please cut me some slack. I have been looking at adding the ISSPRO turbo temp monitor. Does anyone know how hard this is to do on a 03 before I purchase it? Would it just be easier to install the pyrometer gauge and sit in the truck and wait for the turbo temp to drop. The reason I wonder about the difficulty is as I talk to people around here (mechanic friends and even the Dodge dealer) not many have even heard of a product like this. I don't want to cut into the IGN wires to install this and then find out I have problems with the keyless remote or some other electrical component. I know, this is way to long.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:35 PM

Re:Turbo Temp Monitor

I would do a EGT gauge, it will pay-off in the future if you go with any Horsepower upgrades.<br> Danny
Old 03-17-2003, 08:55 PM

I guess another option could be the X-monitor, what do people think of this?
Old 03-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Banned

To much money.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome there, HeadSquirel. Welcome to our play ground. Jack owns the playground and he lets us play here. Most of the guys :P are a good bunch and oodles of information around here.<br><br>I have the ISSPRO pryo. Unless you are going bananas with bombing, I think that guage will tell you all you normally need to know about what is going on around your turbo. It is fairly easy to install. There are some good instructions around in various places on the site. Run the &quot;Search&quot; and look for threads on the subject. If you don't find what you want, post a question. I used the guage cup right in the corner of the dash by the windshield. Easy to hide the wires there, easy to see yet out of your way. The post is big enough without adding something to it to block your vision plus we have the grab bar on the 2003's. <br><br>Good luck and again, welcome.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:08 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I just installed my pyrometer today (Isspro). It is self contained, except for the light hook up. There are two leads that run from the thermocoupler to the gauge (nothing involving the wiring harness). I still have to hhok up the two leads for the light bulb, but I'm waiting for a pod.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:12 PM

I just ordered the ttm, and as far as installation goes, it goes in series between the thermocouple and the gauge. as far as any other wires to shut fuel off and whatnot, I'm not sure, but I'll let you know when I install it. It just got here yesterday. To me it's worth the money, because I like to just get out of my truck when I get where I'm going instead of waiting around several minutes. That's what the electronics are for right? All the gauges and everything I ordered are Isspro. It should be a sweet setup when it's all in my Rod's Pod. <br><br>-SFB