Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Turbo Overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 06:39 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Overhaul

Lost my turbo last week. Didn't come apart, just traded the whistle for a whoosh. A mechanic I trust recommended Michigan Turbo in Wyoming (Grand Rapids), Mi. http://www.michiganturbo.com/home.htm<br><br>Called them up and talked to Kelly, the owner. Extremely polite and helpful. Said I could have it rebuilt if there was under .035&quot; play. I dropped it off yesterday, and was told he could rebuild it, which allowed me to afford a 16cm housing for it. Picked it up today, and was surprized at how clean it was when I got it back. It didn't appear to be a simple overhaul, it looked really rebuilt. I left him a rusted, sooty, greasy mess. When I got it back, the exhaust housing had even been blasted clean. It was spotless, sealed in a plastic bag, and waiting for me in a comfy chair when I picked it up. He gave me a nice hat too. Also picked up an Isspro Pyrometer while I was there. He was telling me they could do some work on the exhaust side for more performance, but I wasn't quite ready financially to go any further this time. Gonna get this stuff on, then overhaul my cooling system. Then I'll starty to play with the pump and save for injectors. She's a'cummin! ;D